Chapter 11

The day after the tournament, that Miguel won, they went to a diner to celebrate

Aisha and Demetri sitting at one side of the booth, with Elena, Hawk and moon on the other side. Miguel was sitting somewhere else. Some other cobra's also came but they were sitting at other tables.

Aisha stood up and started recording a story for her insta.

"So, you might be wondering what a team does after they win the championship." She spoke to her phone. "The answer? Victory nachos!" The cobra's cheered and clinked their glasses together.

"It was supposed to be a round of drinks, but the waitress was not feeling Hawk's fake Id."

"Hey, don't talk about that. My parents follow you." The boy said worried.

"Sorry, mr. and ms. Moskowitz." She apologized. "Anyways, until next time, no mercy, bitches."

She sat back down again.

Demetri grabbed some nachos in his hands. "I gotta say, it's nice to be at a victory party."

He was going to eat the nachos, but Hawk grabbed it out of his hands.

"Yeah, except you had nothing to do with the victory." He said while eating the nachos.

"Then I consider it a belated party for the coding competition we won at computer camp." He said. "Remember?"

He began singing and dancing. "Demetri and Eli. Binary brothers."

The girls started laughing.

"Hey. Cool it with the nerd shit, huh?" Hawk spoke.

Moon started speaking. "Hey, where's Miguel? Those wings are getting cold."

The group looked around the restaurant to find Miguel sitting alone, staring at his phone.

"Imma go over there." Elena said.

Hawk and Aisha going with her to cheer the boy up.

"El serpiente." Hawk said. He learned the Spanish because of Elena. She teached him a few sentences. "There you are."

"This is how you celebrate a first place trophy?" Aisha asked.

The three sat down at the table.

"She blocked me." He said, upset.

"So, what happens when you get blocked? You counterpunch. Except maybe don't actually hit her this time." Hawk laughed.

"Not the time, Hawk. Shut up before I'll hit you." Elena said to the boy.

"What too soon?" He said in disbelief. "And I doubt you can hit me."

"Wanna bet?" She challenged him.

"Guys. We're here to cheer Miguel up. Not to see you guys beat each other up." Aisha interfered.

"Look, all I'm saying is don't give up."