- 15

"The truth of an open book"

...

You felt a small sensation.  At first, you thought it was because you were being watched all the time during the exam. But, now you think it's for something else.

"Sakura? Is everything okay?" Naruto asked you, bewildered by your silence. My, have you become so quiet since the exam?

"Yeah, sorry. I was distracted," you mumbled as you took another bite of your sandwich.

What was it that had you this way? Was it because of Sakura's absence? Or because of what happened this morning?

"I don't think you're okay", Sasuke said, as he finished chewing what was left of his tomato sandwich. "You've been like this since we finished the exam, did that make you nervous?, or—", He stopped talking before looking at you with a teasing look. You sweatdropped knowing what he would say next.

Before Sasuke could finish speaking, you stopped him by putting a hand over his mouth, "Don't say it."

"-But you don't know what I was going to say", he tried to argue, still with your hand over his mouth.

"Don't say it"

"but-"

"Don't say it, Sasuke"

"I'm confused. What was Sasuke going to say?", Naruto decided to get into the conversation this time.

"I was trying to say-"

"Don't say it"

"Well, I'm confused too, what was Sasuke going to say?", Kakashi suddenly appeared, jumping into the conversation.

"It's... kind of embarrassing...", you mumbled, looking away. Don't get it wrong; it wasn't something terrible, but talking about it or remembering it made you want to disappear from the earth.

"Ohh- it's the 'forbidden' thing that we don't have to talk about and what happened after the exam", Naruto exclaimed happily as he snapped his fingers.

"What forbidden thing? What did I miss?", Kakashi asked confusedly, looking at the three of you as if he was trying to understand all the inconsistencies in human history.

"We don't talk about that," you and Naruto exclaimed in unison, almost, immediately Naruto and you turned to look at Sasuke as you two waited for him to say it too.

Sasuke in turn looked at you two with a challenging look, as if trying to tell you both that he would not lower their precious honor and— oh, wait, it seems like he gave up, "...we don't talk about that," he murmured as he let out a long defeated sigh while you two congratulated him for saying it. Someday he'll get used to it, don't worry.

Although it seems that Kakashi is more concerned about the team's mental health. Well, it doesn't matter, he'll get used to it too one day.

...

Silence.

Well, this is not normal.

Sakura doesn't stay silent. At least not for that long.

You settled on the bed, staring at the ceiling, trying to feel something. Some warmth, a sensation, a voice.

But you didn't feel anything, somehow you felt empty.

'Sakura?', you asked in your mind, still hoping for some answer.