The Game of Love: Author's Note

© 2024 MissIceberg on Wattpad "The Game of Love"

Welcome to my first story on Wattpad! This is a romance story that I wrote 8+ years ago. Throughout the past decade I always find myself thinking about the characters so I've decided to improve and update the chapters and post them so they aren't only in my head. 

I write this for fun in my spare time, so please forgive any errors you come across. The first ~20 chapters were penned long ago, and although edited, may not be perfect and carry a side of cringe as they originated from teenage me. Chapters beyond 20 are freshly written, and I will endeavor to seamlessly blend these two parts of the story together as best as I can!

I would definitely classify this as a slow burn romance and patience is needed before we really dive in.

I hope you enjoy!

Warnings:

- Sexual themes and activities (Smut - it starts off tame in the first few chapters but will be more present and intense as the story progresses. Please don't proceed if this is not your thing. There will be no trigger warnings on chapters to indicate.)

- Mentions of violence

- Mentions of drug and alcohol use

- Mentions of abuse

- SLOW BURN (patience is essential!)

- 18+ only

There will be no more trigger warnings beyond this point, so please proceed only if you are okay with the above.

This story is a POV "Slice of Life" that will jump between the two main characters' perspectives. The style is focused heavily on character development and dialogue/inner monologue, and may seem like a slow burn of diary entries. You may become frustrated with some of the characters at times. They are nowhere near perfect people, so please try to be patient with them.

Update schedule:

1-3 times each week

Welcome, thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy!