He didn't have to apologize. He didn't have his memory. He was not to blame for any of this. It still surprised me that he chose to stay with me after finding the truth.

It turns out that even though Atticus didn't have our memories, all of his feelings for me were definitely still there. That's the main reason for his shocking behavior.

I gently touch his cheek and fight back the tears, "I'm scared." I confess.

"Scared?" He whispers a frown appears on his forehead."Of what?"

"Of losing you again."

His eyes widen in shock, "you never lost me."

"You still don't remember anything." I remind him. "There always seems to be something or someone trying to separate us."

His hand gently closes around my neck and he rests his forehead against mine, "I'm not going to let anything separate us. I promise you this. I'll fight for you always. Even without any of my memories I will make it my business to protect you. We will make new memories. Together."

I want to be positive, but it's hard knowing the many challenges we still have to face together. This was far from over.

"There is plenty I want to ask you." He says suddenly. "I still don't know the details of the accident. I don't know what caused it except that you were in danger. I want to talk more about that. Not right now, but I definitely want to know who was responsible for hurting you on that day."

I was terrified of speaking to him about it. Atticus didn't know that Azai was my father. I never got the chance to tell him, and I didn't even know how to begin to explain this to him.

Would he think that I was a monster because of who my father was? On the day that he saw me almost k!ll Anya, I felt that even then, he was disgusted by my behavior.

However, how he behaved with me last night and today said something differently.

I was ashamed of my father, I was angry that out of everyone in this world, he was the one that was responsible for my birth.

I was angry with what he'd done to my mother, he was why I hadn't met her. He's the reason that I may never find her in this life. He's the reason why I could never meet my siblings. I felt sick to my stomach thinking about it.

For the rest of the day, everyone kept looking at Atticus and me together. The news was already spreading everywhere now that he was with me again. They were all asking for Anya. I'm not sure where she was, but again, she'd skipped the Academy.

"Damon and Clarissa will drive you home today," Atticus tells me right before we walk into the parking lot.

"Where will you be?" I ask, curious and a little upset that he would be away from me.

"My mother just called. She wants me to look after something important for her. I'll be home right after. I promise."

I smile, "drive safely. I'm waiting for you."

He walked over to me and surprised me when he lifted me into his arms and hugged me tightly in front of everyone else.

"I regret not remembering you. With feelings like this, I know that you must have flipped my life upside down in the best way possible. I promise you that I'll do everything in my power to remember what we had."

I felt weak in my stomach from his words. I could barely move when he put me back down on the ground and rushed over to his vehicle.

"You are blushing." Clarissa teases me. "I have to say that Atticus surprised everyone yesterday. At least he is talking to you, he isn't talking to any of us. The only words he's said to us for the day was to drop you home."