Is life really that tumultuous?

Or has he rushed to live out someone else's entire life in his brief half-life?

Wei Qian didn't dwell on it, merely asked gentlemanly, "By the way, my hand was a bit heavy just now, your foot is okay, right? Didn't sprain it, did you?"

At this, Xiao Fei inexplicably cheered up, breaking free from her earlier state of fear and trembling, smiling brightly, "Director Wei, did you really lift me with just one hand?"

Wei Qian raised an eyebrow, pretended to smile modestly, straightened his shirt cuffs, waiting for her to praise his bravery.

But to his surprise, Xiao Fei just held her face, gleefully saying, "That's great, it seems like I'm not fat at all, no need to diet!"

Three minutes later, Xiao Fei called two people from upstairs, one drove Wei Qian to the hospital, the other stayed with her to wait for the police to handle the situation.

Outside, thick fog enveloped everything, visibility was low, the driver, watching Wei Qian's continuously bleeding hand, was extremely anxious, changing lanes several times, driving recklessly.

Wei Qian remarked, "Didn't hit any major blood vessels, bleeding's almost stopped on its own, it's not like a miscarriage, why are you in such a hurry?"

The driver cast a nervous glance at him.

Wei Qian frowned, leaning back against the seat, "Drive slower... with this thick fog, who knows if we'll take off on time."

The answer is no.

The airport was crowded with a large group of people, resembling a Spring Festival train station. Wei Zhiyuan finally found a seat in a coffee shop, passing time by reading. Unexpectedly, after finishing a book, he still didn't get any reliable flight information, so he had to take out his laptop and go online again.

Wei Zhiyuan idled away his time, aimlessly browsing several websites. Suddenly, a piece of local news popped up. He was about to close it as usual, just giving it a hurried glance, but he felt the picture below the news seemed somewhat familiar.

Taking a closer look, it was the underground parking lot of his brother's company.

The headline read, "Man wielding a knife in office building subdued."

Wei Zhiyuan immediately dialed Wei Qian's company landline, no answer, transferred to the front desk.

Just after listening to a few sentences of the situation, Wei Zhiyuan broke out in a cold sweat, then dialed Wei Qian's mobile phone.

Wei Qian was at the hospital, inconvenienced by his hand, it took him a while to fish out his phone: "Hey, you haven't taken off yet?"

Wei Zhiyuan: "Where are you?"

"I... uh," Wei Qian paused, vaguely saying, "I'm outside, something came up..."

Wei Zhiyuan impatiently interrupted him: "Where are you injured?"

Wei Qian was taken aback, "You're quite well-informed."

Wei Zhiyuan couldn't hold back his urgency: "Stop beating around the bush! Where are you injured?!"

Wei Qian had never been yelled at like this before, stunned for a moment before coming back to his senses: "What are you shouting about? I'm not dead yet—just a small cut on my hand, nothing serious."

The coffee shop was crowded, the heating was sufficient, but Wei Zhiyuan felt his hands were so cold they were numb. He closed his eyes, calmed down for a moment, forcing himself to speak slower, lowering his tone by an octave: "I'm going to reschedule."