Chapter 64

"Xiao Bao said I'm deeply poisoned, my time is running out, and I feel she's right.

I'm in great pain, really don't want to die, don't know how to tell Big Brother.

Under my pillow, I placed two fifty-cent coins. The teacher says things left by the dead are called inheritance, so I have a two-fifty inheritance. I wanted to buy a bottle of drink. I've never had soda in a glass bottle before, but I didn't buy it later. I thought, let's leave it for my brother. Don't forget to take it.

But I still really want to drink.

When I die, could you not throw me away? The teacher says dead people should be buried underground. Could you bury me at the doorstep?

Although my life is short, it's meaningful. I don't know what the meaning is. The teacher always says a person's life should have 'meaning,' so I guess I do.

My favorite person is my brother, and the second is Xiao Bao. That's it.

Although it's meaningful, I still don't want to die."

Wei Qian woke up at four in the morning. He didn't know what dream he had, maybe he dreamed of past events. As soon as he opened his eyes, he remembered the suicide note Wei Zhiyuan wrote when he was young.

Maybe it was because he saw another letter.

This thing has to start with Ma Chunming falling into the sewer and calling for help in the middle of the night.

Xiao Bao wasn't home at the time, and Wei Qian wanted to go out to see, but he was coughing badly that day, and Wei Zhiyuan wouldn't let him out.

In such situations, Wei Qian usually doesn't argue with anyone. He would show his accustomed demeanor of being the eldest-demonstrating through actions that he calls the shots here. You have objections? Oh, sorry, I don't give a damn.

So when Wei Zhiyuan found his reasoning ineffective, he could only resort to stubbornness. At the moment Wei Qian was about to leave, Wei Zhiyuan rushed out, blocked the door with his back, and then, with lightning-fast movements and professional skills, grabbed the tie hanging on the coat rack by the door, pulled and twisted, and in a flash, tied Wei Qian's hands to the hook on the coat rack.

Wei Zhiyuan didn't tie any high-tech knots. It was easy to untie. He won because he was quick and nimble. Taking advantage of the few seconds Wei Qian was bound by him, he reached back and took Wei Qian's car keys, locked the door, and ran away quickly.

Wei Qian, his demeanor at home and outside, was like a split personality. When encountering such situations outside, his first reaction was always to undo the knot, but at home, his first reaction was always to get angry and curse.

Wei Qian impatiently pulled and yanked the tie buckle, directly tearing it off, and the coat rack fell down with a "crash," scattering things on the floor.

"Fuck." Wei Qian lowered his head to observe for a few seconds, decided to throw it away without bothering to clean up.

But as he was about to step over the fallen coat rack, he saw Wei Zhiyuan's bag hanging on it topple over, and two notebooks rolled out, one of them still open.

Wei Qian hesitated for a moment, worried that there might be electronic devices or something similar in the bag, afraid of damaging them. So, reluctantly, he bent down and rummaged through Wei Zhiyuan's bag, which he usually carried around. It was then that he discovered how unusually non-high-tech Wei Zhiyuan's bag was. There weren't even a pair of earphones inside, just a few pens and the two soft leather notebooks.

The one that was sprawled open on the ground was filled with various codes and notes that others couldn't understand, a mixture of Chinese and English. Wei Qian flipped through a couple of pages with interest, although he didn't understand, he felt it was quite impressive. Then he brushed off the dust that had fallen on it and set it aside.