Chapter 57

After wiping his mouth, Alex resembled a satisfied cat, content after devouring a delicious meal. He squinted his eyes, their unusual color hinting at his complex lineage, and stretched lazily, arching his back like a lazy cat extending its claws.

Then, lifting his head, he noticed Song Xiaobao's thunderstruck expression. Unable to contain his annoyance, he scratched his chin and protested, "What's the deal, Song Lili? Are you discriminating against us? Wasn't it you who was always reading those kinky novels on your phone? I even caught a glimpse of that tentacle hentai story yesterday."

Song Xiaobao's tongue twisted, torn between explaining, denying, clarifying, and scolding Alex's nonsense. These thoughts jumbled up inside her, unable to find a proper order, each clamoring to be voiced first. Eventually, she stuttered out, "My second brother wouldn't discriminate against you, bullshit!"

Alex, taken aback, widened his eyes, "What? Discrimination even for farting? Do your intestines release air naturally through your pores? You're too high-tech!"

Speechless, Song Xiaobao could only resort to physical violence and started hitting him.

After a one-sided beating, the thick-skinned Alex nonchalantly fixed his tousled hair, observing Song Xiaobao slump wearily onto the hotel bed, wearing a bitter expression.

He reached out and playfully poked her, "What's wrong? Is it really that hard to accept?"

"Obviously! He's my brother, can it be the same?" Song Xiaobao swatted his hand away, then hugged her head in her hands, "What should I do? If my big brother finds out, he'll definitely kill him."

"Your big brother?" Alex asked, puzzled. "He's that strict?"

"I've told you before, right? We three siblings grew up without parents, and my big brother raised us," Xiaobao explained.

"Ah, traditional patriarch," Alex nodded in understanding, expressing sympathy with a shrug. Then, with a lecherous grin, he leaned closer, "Hey, sis, is your big brother handsome? Got any photos? Show me."

This time, Xiaobao opted for a more forceful approach and chased the scoundrel out with a series of blows.

After chasing away the scoundrel, she flopped back onto the bed, creating a dent, then rolled around in frustration. Eventually, unable to resist any longer, she reluctantly grabbed her phone and dialed the number Wei Zhiyuan had left her.

Wei Zhiyuan lived a healthy lifestyle and had already gone to bed. He answered after a while, his voice tinged with sleepiness, "Xiaobao? What's wrong?"

Pretending not to notice that she had just disturbed him, Song Xiaobao reckoned Wei Zhiyuan wouldn't mind anyway—she had annoyed him countless times since childhood, and her brothers should be used to it by now.

She rambled aimlessly for a while, and Wei Zhiyuan patiently listened. Eventually, it was Song Xiaobao who found herself at a loss for words, unable to continue the conversation. After a brief awkward silence, Wei Zhiyuan finally asked, "Is there something you want to tell me?"

Clearing her throat, Xiaobao awkwardly tried to mimic a joking tone with a strained voice and said, "I'll tell you something really funny. The guy who picked you up with me today is gay. He's so talkative, especially about handsome guys. He couldn't stop talking about how handsome you are, fantasizing about you."

Wei Zhiyuan chuckled calmly, "What about me?"

Xiaobao hesitated, unsure how to respond. But before she could gather her thoughts, Wei Zhiyuan said, "He's right, I am."

"..."

At that moment, it felt like a chorus of thousands of frogs had suddenly gathered in her mind, all croaking loudly in unison: "Ribbit!"