Chapter 65

It was Xiao Fei's scream, as she saw her boss unhesitatingly grab the blade with his hand, her heart almost leaping out of her throat.

Xiao Fei braced one hand against the wall, the other covering her mouth, staring dumbfoundedly as blood trickled down Wei Qian's hand from the groove of the dagger, then he lifted his knee, pressing it into the stomach of the short man. Xiao Fei heard a dull thud, could almost imagine the pain; the man let out a short "ah", saliva spraying out unintentionally, bending over involuntarily, then promptly receiving a fierce elbow to the back of his neck.

The short man staggered, fell down like a dying fish, eyes rolling back slightly, twitching on the ground.

It wasn't until then that Xiao Fei felt a slight pain in her ankle.

The elevator door opened, a security guard patrolling the underground parking lot, intending to go upstairs, was startled by the bloody scene and took two steps back.

"Call the police," Wei Qian picked up the knife from the ground with his remaining good hand, phone sandwiched between his shoulder and ear, telling San Pang who hadn't had the chance to hang up yet, "I'm in our building's parking garage."

His suit was too snug for such vigorous activity, Wei Qian felt it when he threw Xiao Fei out, sure enough, looking down, his jacket had a tear.

He simply took off the torn coat, wrapping it around his still bleeding hand.

San Pang yelled hoarsely, "You scared the shit out of me! What the fuck is going on?!"

"Tsk," Wei Qian said, "Maybe we should invest in a clothing factory, torn clothes sell for a fortune, yet they're so flimsy."

San Pang: "Get the fuck outta here! Damn it, stay put!"

With that, San Pang hung up with a clatter, replaced by a busy tone.

Xiao Fei frantically rummaged through her bag, pulling out a pack of tissues, limping over, pale-faced, wiping Wei Qian's profusely bleeding hand, looking at the gruesome wound, Xiao Fei felt herself starting to faint, "This, this, this won't do, we need to go to the hospital. Director Wei, you scared me to death just now, do you know? He still had a knife, aren't you afraid of him..."

"Me, afraid of him?" Wei Qian raised an eyebrow lightly, then nonchalantly stepped on the back of the man lying on the ground, elaborating, "Back when I was a thug, risking my life, that guy was probably still wearing diapers."

"What a time to joke!" Xiao Fei didn't buy into his story at all, pulling Wei Qian out of the elevator with trembling hands, "Hey, this guy is too dangerous, you stay away from him! Security, can you figure out how to tie this lunatic up? He's a knife-wielding maniac."

The security guard immediately called for backup through the walkie-talkie, and several people clumsily surrounded Wang Dongliang's nephew.

"I'm not joking with you," Wei Qian wiped his hands while speaking to Xiao Fei, "When I was young, my family was poor, couldn't afford to go to school. To make money, I went to the underground boxing ring in Guangdong, ended up discovering it wasn't just boxing, it was a testing ground for new drugs. I barely escaped with my life."

Xiao Fei stared at him expressionlessly for a moment, then flatly responded, "Oh, actually, when I was young, my family was poor too, couldn't afford to go to school. To make money, I worked as a spy for extraterrestrial agents, specifically catching cats and dogs to send them for research. Eventually, that agent got bitten by an unvaccinated dog, died of rabies, and that's how I got out of the double-agent life."

Wei Qian chuckled in sync, but inside, an indescribable feeling welled up. In just over a decade, the experiences he had lived through, now when spoken, no one believed them.