10- Frank

A/N: No way! 10 chapters (not counting disclaimers, specials or anything like that) of this story! It's a freaking miracle!!! (⊙o⊙) Thanks for all the support!

-

Frank went overboard with what he said. Fine, he couldn't help but feel annoyed by Leo's joke about his obvious fatness (one of his biggest insecurities, even with the blessing of Mars), but it's obvious that his reaction had a negative impact on Leo.

"Be careful with him." Will Solace had said. "He'll try to appear calm, but we don't know how he might react."

And Frank went and did the opposite. He screwed up big time.

So, the Canadian runs after Leo, but the Latino is much quicker and more agile than him and leaves him behind easily.

Frank can see how Leo sneaks into bunker 9 and closes the door behind him. He tries to wrestle it shut, but it is locked. At first, he tries not to break it, but his demigod ears pick up the sound of the gunshot and his adrenaline kicks in. He transforms himself into a rhinoceros and knocks down the door.

He descends quickly, thinking the worst. He finds him lying on the floor, blood pouring from his chest and staining his new tank top. But what's worse is that in his right hand lies a gun.

Frank hurries to carry the young Latino in his arms and carries him to the infirmary as quickly as possible, ignoring the confused questions of all the campers around him.

The next few hours are somewhat confusing. The healers rush to attend to Leo before it's too late. Many people come in and out of the infirmary to see Leo, who remains hooked up to a machine that helps him breathe and another that measures his heartbeat, as well as an intravenous line.

According to Will, a few more centimeters and the shot could have ended up right in his heart, but it ended up in his left lung. He collapsed, but thanks to some magic from the Hecate kids, (A/N: Here I took inspiration from another fanfiction that I don't remember the name of, but basically it's about Leo's lung collapsing and a Hecate kid manages to cure it with magic) he was feeling better.

Now we just have to wait. He remembers talking to Hazel about his guilt, hearing Jason's voice saying he reacted humanely and Piper reassuring him with her soft voice.

"It's going to be okay." That's what everyone says.

Luckily for Frank, it's not all bad news. Will says Leo hasn't been cut in three days and that's progress. He also tells him that Leo trying to kill himself with a gun he made himself in Bunker 9 was too disturbing, but for the sake of his and Leo's mental health, he decides not to think about it anymore.

Frank is sitting in puppy form on Hazel's lap as Jason and Piper sit next to him when Will calls out to them.

"Listen," He begins. "We decided it would be best for Leo to have someone search Bunker 9 in depth. Any of you guys want to do it?"

Jason quickly stands up, determined. "I'll do it."

Frank transforms back to human again and nods. "Me too."

Piper joins in as well. "And me. Not for nothing, but I've known Leo the longest."

Will nods in approval, and turns to look at Hazel. But she doesn't answer, clearly not wanting to go, so he doesn't press her.

Piper, Jason and Frank leave the infirmary, and head to Bunker 9.

-

A/N: This is not my longest chapter, but the one that took me the longest. I'm usually half an hour or an hour at the most, but this one took two.

I'll be updating the names of the chapters to put the P.O.V. of each one, even though it's mostly Leo. I really don't mind.