chapter26

his pov:

"Fuck i want him in jail do you understand?" i yelled at my lawyer on the phone.

"Ares this process is not that easy, you know how it goes. Relax he will go to back we both know that" she is well at her job she's been my lawyer since i was 13. She always took care of my father and made sure he wasnt near me.

"What can we do to make this move faster?" i said and she scoffed

"Look we both know what could easily get your father in jail but-"

"No, Jess i am not fucking doing that"

"Police and the court give so much attention when it comes to drugs it would make things easier"

"No." i said and hung up.

I am sitting in my room trying to think how to fucking kill him. Its already been a month since he came back. I want him gone. He tried about five times to kill me. Not something new for me but he keeps me away from seeing Ava. I cant have her coming over and i dont want to her to see me like this.

Fuck i don't deserve her. She deserves someone that can always be there for her. I am a fucking mess she cant be with me.

My phone started ringing, Ava.

"Hey" she sighed

"Hey" i said and she sniffed

"How have you been? We haven't really talked in a while" he voice cracked fuck she was crying

"Ava are you okay?" i said and she scoffed

"I - I am" fuck she is not.

"Where are you?" i asked and stood up ready to go find her

"Home why?" she said and i picked up my keys to go over

"Nothing look i got to go" i said so i could make her a surprise

"K bye" she said and i hung up.
I got out of my room and locked my door. I walked to the door to find my dad passed out in front of it. I kicked him on the side and left

I got on my bike and started driving there. When i got there i saw her brothers' car parked outside but not her parents.

I parked my bike some blocks away and started walking on the back of the house to get in from her window. I climbed her window and it was open when i pushed it. I got in but she wasnt in her room.

"I'll give it to you Chris just wait" i heard her voice coming closer to the room. When she got in she stared at me and her eyes started tearing up.

She picked up a hoodie from her desk and got out of the room closing the door behind her. She looked so beautiful fuck i haven't seen her in weeks. I layed on her bed waiting for her.

Some minutes later she came back in and locked the door. I stood up and approached her to hug her but she pushed me away.

"What was that? We haven't seen each other for a month and not even a hug?" i said and her eyes started shedding tears.

"What a month without seeing each other and you couldn't even text me or call me or anything?" she said and i sat on her bed to give her space.

"Ares we havent talked in weeks only when i was texting you! You never even bothered to text me first and the conversation we were having were the most dry ever! And here you are probably because you want to fuck right?" she was crying and yelling at the same time. She is right.

"Ava i am so sorry i know i've been an asshole for not texting you but i am really struggling to with my dad" she scoffed and looked down

"Look i told you i can help you just talk to me Ares fucking talk to me. You don't go weeks without talking with me and then just decide to come back! I am failing all my classes i haven't played a volleyball match in weeks because i am not concentrated enough to play, all i can think is you and you weren't even talking to me!"

"I am sorry for your miserable life Ava but at least you dont have anyone drunk everyday trying to kill you! And i am sorry for not texting you its because i am trying to get that mother fucker back in jail for you! So we can be normal together but i guess that's not enough!" i yelled and she started crying harder.

She started covering her face with her hands. I got up and hugged her as tight as i could.

"It's okay" i kept whispering in her ear trying to calm her down.

"Sorry" she said and looked at me with her mesmerising crying eyes.

"Don't apologise" our gazes locked.

"I love you Ares" she said and looked at my lips.

She tip toed and kissed me. Her soft kiss touched my heart.