Chapter 9 💕 Honeymoon Trip

"You don't need to go, Sahil? Don't you have any work today?" Kabir was trying to change the subject, but Sahil wasn't willing to give up teasing so easily.

"Oh bhaiya, I'll leave after breakfast. So, where were we, bhabhi? I hope you slept well last night?"

"Oh yes, I did. I mean, I thought I wouldn't sleep because it's a new bed, you know. But the mattress was so comfortable that I fell asleep as soon as I lay down. And in the morning, I didn't feel like disturbing my good sleep."

Amaira was rambling on without paying attention to the fact that this question was asked to tease her.

"Di, that's why I told you before too. We should have changed the mattresses of our beds as well. But it's okay, there's no need for it now," Amaira said, looking towards Ishita, who just nodded before saying anything.

"Amaira loves her sleep so much," Ishita said, looking around at everyone. Then she fixed her gaze on Amaira as if she wanted her to be quiet. When she felt both brothers slowly smiling, she also joined in and started laughing, which confused Amaira.

"What? What happened? Did I miss a joke?" Amaira asked in confusion. She saw everyone looking at her and the most surprising thing was that even her stubborn husband was laughing at her. Why were they all laughing? But why?

"Will someone tell me what's going on here? Why are you all laughing?" Amaira asked again.

"It's because of you," Sumitra Ji had come out of the kitchen and walked towards the dining table. And everyone else was watching her in astonishment, wondering if she had heard their banter.

"Because of me? Why?" Amaira was still confused.

"I always knew you would be good for my Kabir. He started laughing after you came into his life. I might have told Kabir this many times, but I'm saying what I see. You are lucky for him, and for all of us too," then she looked at Ishita. "Ishita, never think that I won't appreciate you. Actually, I'm a little concerned about Kabir, but now, after Amaira came, I feel a little relieved from Kabir's side."

"No aunty. I know you love me and Amaira equally. So, you don't need to explain this in front of me. In fact, I'm very happy if you feel that my sister is lucky for this house," Ishita replied with a smile.

"Both of you are lucky for us. It's good that I arranged Kabir and Amaira's marriage, otherwise I would have lost both of them. Both of them are dearest to me," Sumitra Ji felt proud of herself.

"Can we have breakfast now? Where is dad?" Kabir started feeling uneasy with the conversation, while Amaira remained silent. She knew what the relationship between her and Kabir was, and what the truth of this relationship was.

"He went to check on the other arrangements and will come back after making all payments. Also, some relatives are going by train today, so he will also drop them directly from hotel to station," Sumitra Ji replied.

"Okay. Let's start the meal then," Ishan said.

"What's the plan for your honeymoon?" Sumitra Ji asked, looking at both her sons.

"We were thinking of going somewhere. I mean, all four of us are going out together," Ishita replied.

"What? Who made this plan without asking me?" Amaira interjected.

"I and Ishita did. We were about to discuss it with both of you," Ishan replied. "We are thinking of exploring the whole of Europe. We won't visit any famous countries. Instead, we'll discover those smaller countries that are more beautiful than others and not well-known by many people."

"And how long will this entire Europe trip take?" Kabir asked in astonishment.

"It will take about a month," Ishan said slowly.

"Do you think my work will run on autopilot for a month?" Kabir said teasingly.

"Come on, bhaiya. What's the point of being the head of such a big company if you can't even take a few days off?" Ishan tried to convince him.

"Kabir, this is your honeymoon. You have to think about it," Sumitra Ji intervened.

"I can't, mom. I can't leave my work for such a long time," Kabir said.

"And what about Amaira? If she wants to go?" Sumitra Ji asked again.

"I can't go either, aunty. I also have work," Amaira quickly replied.

"What work are you talking about?" Ishita looked at Amaira intently.

"My internship. You know, right?" Amaira replied confidently.

"Oh come on, Ishita. You just joined three months ago. They don't even pay you for this. You can join another firm after coming back," Ishita replied.

"I can't do that, di. I can't give them a chance to call me unprofessional. I'll have to work there for six months so that I can get my certificate from there. And then what about the children at my orphanage? Who will teach them then? Mr. Mehra knows about this, and he has no problem with it," Amaira said quickly, hesitating a bit on the last line. And Kabir was trying to understand what Amaira just said. What did he know? Because he didn't even know where Amaira worked or what she did. He wished he had asked her about it sometime, so he wouldn't be stuck in such situations.

"Why don't both of you take some time off for this? Marriage isn't something that happens again and again, is it?" Sumitra Ji was angry.

"Why do you want your honeymoon to be like a family trip, Ishan? Why don't both of you go alone? In fact, I'll sponsor your trip. If you both want, take two months and enjoy yourselves," Kabir said.

"Oh, so you want to go on your honeymoon alone, that's why you're sending us alone," Ishan teased Kabir.

"Mom, please try to understand. Ishan can take leave, but I can't. He works with dad. He works according to his convenience, doesn't answer to anyone. But it's not the same with me. I work for someone else, and I have some responsibilities too," Kabir explained to his mother Sumitra Ji.

"We want you to come with us because we know if we go alone, you won't go anywhere else," Ishan said seriously.

"Yes. So, I also want both of you to go with them," Sumitra Ji added her voice.

"Okay, Mom. If you think so, we'll go. We'll definitely go. But not now. I need some time to manage work at the office. Let Ishan and Ishita go now. When I feel less pressure at work, I'll plan the trip with Amaira. By then, Amaira's internship will also be over. Is it okay now?"

Sumitra Ji didn't respond in return. She remained silent.

"Amaira, am I right?" Kabir asked Amaira directly.

"Yes. Yes. We'll go later. I can't leave my work either. I had taken enough leaves for the wedding," Amaira replied. She was feeling a bit relieved to be out of this mess.

"Okay, if both of you are saying so. Let's end this topic here. Ishan, you continue with your plan, at least you both should go," Sumitra Ji said with a half-hearted tone, ending the topic of the honeymoon.

"Thank you for understanding, Mom," Kabir said, placing his hand on his mom's hand.

"Kabir, what have you bought for Amaira?" Sumitra Ji suddenly asked, and the morsel that Kabir had kept in his mouth got stuck, and he started choking.

"What? For her?"

"Yes. What? Wedding gift?" Ishan asked suspiciously. "Now don't say you haven't bought anything for bhabhi because I have reminded you several times, and even when I was going to buy a gift for Ishita, I reminded you. And then looking at Ishita, he continued, "By the way Ishita, show your ring that I have brought for you."

******

Hey Readers, that's it for today. Hope you all like it. Please vote for my efforts. Thank you and love you all.
💕💕💕💕💕