Chapter 8 💕 Sahil teases amaira

"I...I...I didn't hope that you will be expecting any wedding gift from me," Kabir said in a harsh tone after entering his room and closing the door.

"Why not?" Amaira asked, raising her eyebrows. "I am your legally wedded wife, and every wife has the right to receive a gift from her husband on their wedding night." As Amaira spoke, Kabir became somewhat self-conscious. "Well, with such a big name in the finance world, I didn't expect this from you. You couldn't bring a small gift for me," Amaira said, turning away from Kabir with a smirk on her face.

She went to the dressing table and sat down to apply night cream.

"Are you serious?" Kabir was starting to feel regret.

"Of course. Anyway, I know you haven't brought anything for me, and I don't mind. Besides, I don't like surprises. I'd rather go and pick something for myself. I'm very choosy, you know," Amaira kept saying as she continued applying the cream.

"You go tomorrow and buy whatever you want," Kabir said. He couldn't figure out what to say in this moment. He absolutely didn't expect Amaira to question him about the gift.

"Ah...thank you, but I don't need your charity," Amaira replied.

"Then why said that? To make me feel guilty?" Kabir asked angrily.

"No, just making conversation that might help you tomorrow."

"What?"

"Nothing. I'm very tired, and now I want to sleep. I can't talk anymore. Oh God, how much fuss there is in Indian weddings. Next time, I'll just run away and get married in a temple," Amaira said, heading towards the bed with a yawn.

"What are you doing?" Kabir asked, irritated. But he couldn't understand why he was irritated.

"I'm going to sleep. And what? What do you expect from a person who's in their pajamas and is constantly yawning while heading to bed?"

"Are you going to sleep like this? Do you call this a night suit? This pink pajama with flower petals?" Kabir said, scratching his nose lightly with his finger.

"So? What do you want? Do you want me to wait here while you come close and lift me in your arms like they show in movies? Or do you want me to come wearing some sexy nightgown and seduce you? In your dreams, Mr. Mehra," Amaira said in anger and Kabir was shocked to hear all this. He couldn't understand how to react. "In fact, it would be very disgusting if you dream about me like this. It can never happen. Eww. We may have got married for the world, okay. But don't ever dare to think like this, not even in your dreams," Amaira warned.

"Are you insane?" Finally, Kabir's voice came back.

"No. I am fully conscious. I am not crazy for you to make me serious wearing sexy clothes. Eww. What kind of husband did I get?" She began to grumble.

"Will you stop your nonsense? I don't care what you wear or not and what you want to wear. I just said simply because it looks very childish, with so many bright colors and cartoon prints, nothing else. That's why I called you a kid. An immature kid," Kabir said in one breath.

"Whatever. Now please move aside from here, I need to sleep. I can't think much when I'm very sleepy, uncle!" Amaira said back tauntingly.

"This is my bed," Kabir said when he saw Amaira was about to lie on the bed.

"Really? You gave some great information. I was just wondering whose bed it is lying in your room," Amaira said comfortably lying on the bed.

"Stop trying to act smart. What I meant is, I sleep on this. Find another place to sleep," Kabir said arrogantly.

"I don't love you so much that I sacrifice my sleep and sleep on the floor, or on the carpet, or on that small sofa. I am your wife and I have every right to stay in your room and sleep on your bed. I don't mind if you sleep somewhere else. Neither do I kick in sleep nor do I wander around the bed all night. But if you have a problem sleeping on the same bed with me, then I can't do anything about it. Sleep wherever you like. I don't care. Goodnight. I have absolutely no energy left to argue with you," Amaira covered herself with a blanket lying on one side of the bed, adjusting herself.

Kabir stood there in shock for a while. He was very surprised by Amaira's words. He couldn't understand how to react or what to say.

"When you decide where you're sleeping, turn off all the lights but leave the night bulb on," Amaira said and covered her mouth again.

Kabir shook his head and after turning off the lights, he came to the other side of the bed and lay down. He put some pillows between them and started thinking about what else he has to see and endure now.

*****

"How beautiful ring you got, Ishita. My Ishan's choice is very good. But I am not just talking about the ring," Sumitra Ji was showering love on her new daughter-in-law and also praising the ring that her son gave as a wedding night gift.

"Thank you, aunty," Ishita said blushing.

"Oh yes! This ring is very beautiful. Ishan bhai never gave me anything beautiful," Sahil Mehra, the youngest of the three brothers, said.

When he was a kid, he considered Ishita and Amaira as his friends. His two best friends had now become his sisters-in-law, which made him very happy.

"Are you a girl? Or my wife? Why should I give you something beautiful?" Ishan scolded Sahil.

Meanwhile, Sumitra Ji went to the kitchen to bring hot parathas and left her children to settle their sweet fights on the dining table.

"Oh! So you won't give me any gifts  now that you're married, right? Huh! I'll tell bhaiya, and he'll give me a gift," Sahil teased.

"What gift do you want from me, Sahil? Kabir asked, joining everyone at the dining table.

"Good morning, bhaiya. Ishan bhai has refused to give me any gifts now because he will only bring gifts for Ishita bhabhi from now on. I hope you won't do that because you're also married now. And this reminded me, where is Amaira bhabhi? Is she still sleeping?" Sahil asked mischievously, and Kabir started staring at him.

"I'm here, Sahil. And why are you calling me bhabhi now? We were friends before anything else, right?"

"So what? I told you last night that now you're our brother's wife, we can't call you anything else except bhabhi, Amaira bhabhi," Ishan said with a smile.

"Yes, you'll still remain our old friend who always played pranks, but bhabhi first," Sahil continued.

"Yes, if your brothers want to make me your bhabhi," Amaira muttered to herself. Kabir heard it and blinked in surprise.

"What? What did you say?" Sahil asked.

"Nothing. I was just asking what you guys were talking about before I came?" Amaira asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, nothing special. You were late, so I thought you might still be sleeping. Were you having a good sleep, huh?" Sahil was trying to tease Amaira, making Kabir feel uncomfortable.

"Don't you have anywhere to go, Sahil? Don't you have any work today?" Kabir tried to change the subject, but Sahil didn't want to give up on teasing so easily.

"Oh bhaiya, I'll leave after breakfast. So, where were we, bhabhi? I hope you slept well last night?"

"Oh yes, I did. I mean, I thought I wouldn't sleep well because it's a new bed, you know? But the mattress was very comfortable, and as soon as I lay down on the bed, I fell asleep. And in the morning, I didn't feel like disturbing my good sleep." Amaira was rambling on without paying attention to the fact that the question was meant to tease her.

******

Hey Readers, that's it for today. Hope you all like it. Please vote for my efforts. Thank you and love you all.
💕💕💕💕💕