Chpater 7: The Living Corpse

Time: 10:30

Location: Area 6, Copper-9

A worker drone by the name of Jack walked through what was left of the city. He was carrying his twin daughters Kate and Sophia who were still infants and had calmed down now.

Jack: Ah there we go, much better.

Jack sighed, happy to finally get some quiet.

He looked around, the night sky making the desolate city both beautiful and disturbing. Jack chuckled, very much fond of his new life.

Jack: To think, a month ago I was being tortured and experimented on, living underground with no hope of survival. And now look, I'm free, I'm with the love of my life and I have you two.

Jack looked down at his daughters.

Jack: Just think Kate, Sophia, your going to be able to grow up and have a normal life. A free life without fear, unlike mine. I think that's amazing.

He looked down at his daughters resting in his arms. Kate responded with a chuckle. Then Jack looked up and a bright flash of light impacted the ground causing an explosion. Curious he ran over, the twins still in his arms.

~

The pod hit the ground so had it left a crater. Obviously this caught the interest of some drones. Within a minute, drones stood around the pod curiously, including Jack with his daughters. There was a confusion among the crowd as to what this was.

Worker Crowd: Is this a satellite? Is it alive? Is there anything inside? Did the humans send this?

The pod was glowing due to how hot it was, it must of been designed for a hard landing considering it's delt with entertaining the atmosphere so well and those legs look like they were built with a hard landing in mind. The snow was still melting under the pod due to the intense heat. Jack had so many questions running through his head.

Jack's mind: Where did it come from? It couldn't of been far since the thing looks like it would of only had enough fuel for a single one way trip.

Random Worker: EVERYONE SHUSH I THINK I CAN HEAR SOMEONE INSIDE!! Yelled someone in the crowd. Everyone went dead silent and over the sound of the cooling metal they could hear a faint tapping coming from inside.

Drones started panicking, worried there was a worker drone trapped inside. One drone ran up to the pod to let who ever was in there out but he was stopped by the heat of the pod. The panic only grew as the banging became louder and more frequent.

Worker 1: God there must be about three, maybe six, or even eight drones dying in there! QUICK! SOMEONE HELP ME PILE SNOW ONTO THIS THING! IT'LL HELP COOL IT DOWN!!

More drones ran out from the crowd and started to help chuck snow onto the sweltering pod. Jack cautiously stood back. He had a bad feeling about the pod yet his curiosity compelled him to stay and see what was inside.

After a minute of shovelling snow the orange glow subsided along with the heat. The banging did not stop though as multiple loud bangs could be heard from the other side of the door leading into the pod. Eventually a male voice was heard from inside.

Unknown Voice: SH*T THE DOOR IS STUCK!!

A drone ran up to the door of the pod, his doomed friends along side him.

Worker 1: DON'T WORRY WE'LL GET YOU OUT OF THERE!!

Together, the group of drones pride open the door with tools they found. When the door opened, a look of confusion came over the drones.