Chapter 9: Crossfire Part 1

18 Years After The Landing

Time: 5:00 am

Location: City Ruins

T had been After flying for a minute he arrived at the spire. For context the spire is a tower of corpses that have been built up for the past 18 years, it surrounds the landing pod and serves as the Disassembly Drones home. T entered the landing pod and saw no one.

T: Huh well I guess they must be out hunting.

He walked out only to see G who had just come in from a hunt.

T: Oh hey G how's it...hanging, how's it hanging?

G: Not bad at all T. How many have you killed today?

T: Not many, these days it's just stragglers. Let me guess the colony hasn't been punctured yet?

G: Not yet...A is trying to break the door as we speak.

T: I wonder how those workers are reacting. Anyways see ya.

He took off and flew through the city. Then T got a feeling. He couldn't comprehend it though he felt like there was something wrong. Though he did know one drone that could help.

T's Mind: All I have to do is follow her trail of destruction.

Right as he thought that an explosion went off in the distance.

T: There she is!

He flew to the explosion and saw A attacking the giant bunker door.

T: Hey love, what's up?

A: Huh? O-Oh hey T-T. I'm trying to g-get into the c-colony.

A kept scratching and slamming at the door as T let out a chuckle.

T: Great I'm sure you'll-

A: Stupid f*cking door!

He watched A come up to him before hugging him angrily. She then whined.

A: Pumpkin c-could you o-open the door p-p-please?

T: Love I wish that were true. That door is nanite resistant, there's no way brute strength will open that door.

A: UGHHHH!

The Next Day.

Time: 7:30

Location: Colony

Kate woke up to her built in alarm. She hit her face and the alarm turned off.

Kate: Sis wake up.

Kate pulled herself out of bed before nudging her sister. Sophia let out a grunt of annoyance before waking up. They walked into their kitchen before Kate saw that there was food already on the counter.

Kate: Dad!?!

She called out for her dad though got no response. Looking down at her table she saw a note.

The Message: Dear Kate: I went to work early today. Make sure to make breakfast, take care of your sister and go to school on time and have a good day! From Dad.

Kate groaned.

Kate: Of course you're working and have no time to be with us. Sometimes I feel you're just doing this to avoid me.

She talked to the note like it was her father.

Sophia sat at the table, she was fiddling around with some sort of gun like device when she saw the time. 8:30. The first lesson was in 20 minutes.