Chapter 5: Move on to the Future

1 day after the incident

Time: 12:45

Location: Mother ship, Tessa's office

E sat infront of Tessas desk with Tessa sitting at her desk.

Tessa: As we both know you tampered with yourself which goes against company policy's. Now usually we would of disassembled you and got a replacement.

Tessa let out a cough before continuing.

Tessa: However we've already had to deal with F and would rather not have to to deal with you so we're letting you off the hook for now, I feel as if after what you witnessed yesterday you've been put off further modifying yourself, and you're life is about to get worse anyhow.

E looked up at Tessa

E: W-what about my sister? Is she alright?

Tessa let out a sigh.

Tessa: Right...your probably curious about what happened to F. I'm just gonna give it to you straight, when F was sorting through the deeper parts of her programming she found an old program. This program was supposed to create simulated scenarios for you all to practice communication and relationships until you become Disassembly Drones.

E: Oh I see.

Tessa: Yet it was never finished so we just locked it in your subconsciousness where you weren't supposed to find it. Of course F found it though and activated it, due to the fact that it was incomplete. What it does is give you false memories of a life where you were a worker drone working at a mansion. So she believed that for the past couple years she had been brainwashed and experimented on and so tried to escape.

E was very clearly worried.

E: what's going to happen to F?

Tessa was silent for a moment, turning her head to the left and then looked back at E.

Tessa: The only way we could save her was to reboot her memory card, which of course means that all of her memories have been erased. Including her memories of you.

E was shocked, this was all happening so quickly, he began to tear up a little before forcing himself to stop or else he'll look weak.

E: N-no that can't be, s-surely she will remember me if I go talk to her or-

Tessa put her hand on E's shoulder

Tessa: E she won't remember you, there's nothing you can do.

E looked up at Tessa.

E: I don't care Tessa! She's my sister I have to do something!

Tessa let out another sigh.

Tessa: When she has recovered you can go see her, but don't tell me I didn't warn you.

1 Week Later

Time: 17:00 hours

Location: Mother Ship Medical/Repair Wing

N and E were stood away from the entrance to the medical/repair wing while T leaned back on one of the walls. Today was the day that F reintegrated into the Disassembly Drones.

E was fiddling with the strings on his hoody.

E: N I'm nervous. What if she really doesn't remember me? N looked at E and gave him a pat on the back.

N: Don't worry E. F will remember you, she has to, you two are twins you have like a magic bond or something. Listen if she does somehow not remember you I promise I'll help you fix her or what ever you'd do.