Chapter 3: Slice of Life

Time: 16:00 hours

Location: Mother Ship

G was leaning against the wall, smoking a cigarette designed for Drones. He simply stared off on the other side of the hallway looking out through the window at the stars. For some reason they were just so sparkly, satisfying almost.

That however didn't cure his boredom as he squished the cigarette before he started fiddling with his claws, making shapes.

G looked up when he heard loud stomping heading his way. A large biped along with some humans were passing by. The biped was pulling a large tray. What was on the tray made G shocked. Large missiles were strapped down on the tray, they looked menacing. G got up and tapped one of the humans on the shoulder, his name was Ethan.

G: What kind of bombs are those?

Ethan looked left to right before saying.

Ethan: Since you're a squad leader, I'll spare you the facts. These bombs are energy missiles, used in case of an emergency.

G: What kind of emergency?

Ethan: Sorry that's classified.

Ethan than caught up with the rest, leaving an irritated and confused G. He started to feel worried, not just for himself. Though for T, for A, for the rest of the Disassembly Drones.

Time: 17:00 hours

Location: Mother Ship, Briefing Room

All 8 squad leaders were sitting around a long table. It's time to introduce you to the squad leaders and their squad designations.

J of squad Beta

L of squad Delta

K of squad Zeta

W of squad Gamma

R of squad Sigma

G of squad Omega

Z of squad Epsilon

And finally, sitting at the end of the table to establish dominance. M of squad Alpha, the squad with the highest kill count. Tessa stood at the other side of the table.

Tessa: I apologise for summoning you all at this time of night but there is some information that I only what you eight to know. Understand?

All the squad leaders nodded their heads.

Tessa: Good. Firstly the ships you'll be taking to the exoplanet are one way and designed to crash, this is because we do not want a rouge getting their hands on one and escaping the planet and causing trouble else where. Don't worry you'll all be in contact with us though so when you have eradicated all rouges in your designated section of the planet, you should notify us and we'll send a ship to return you to the mother ship, then you will be sent to assist the squad with the lowest kill count. Do you all understand?

All the leaders nodded.

Tessa: Do any of you have any questions before I move on to the next part? Asked Tessa, all the leaders shook their heads.

Tessa: Good. You also have another mission on Copper-9. On Copper-9 we were experimenting on drones and the Absolute Solver program. It is your jobs to seek out and eradicate all of these drones we are calling 'demon drones' and you will all be given information about each demon drone. Do you understand?

All the leaders nodded their heads.

Tessa: Does anyone have any questions?

M raised his hand.