Progress

"Just letting you know that I'm home and going to take a shower before bed."

Maya texts Carina at the door after close it.

"You look good, sis. Where did you go?"

Mason's voice startles the elder blonde and Maya gets stuttered, "I...uh...I went out."

"Yeah, you just came home. Of course you went out." Mason looks at his sister like she just said the dumbest thing.

Maya scolds herself being stupid in mind, but acts cool, walking to her room. "I'm going to shower. Night, Mason."

The younger Bishop raises his eyebrow to his sister, "OK. Night."

---

"Just got out of shower and ready for bed."

The blonde firefighter takes a glance of her phone hearing the notification of message.

"Yeah, me too. Ready for bed. Have a sweet dream, beautiful." Maya texts back.

The next second, a request of facetime call popping out.

It's Carina.

Maya quickly answers the call, "Hello?"

"Ciao, bella." the Italian smiles gently and whispers, "I'm sorry. I don't want to wake you up after you're asleep because of my hesitation, so I'm calling you now."

"Is everything OK?" Maya asks.

"Si, si. I'm just..." Carina smiles and lies down on the pillow on her side. "I just wanna see you again before falling asleep."

The blonde firefighter lets out a hum and smiles, too. She didn't expect Carina's call before bed, but this?

This is a nice surprise.

Maya gets into bed and lies down on her side just like Carina did, whispering "I guess I did well tonight then since you wanna see me so much."

"You did impress me tonight."

"The good kind or bad kind impress?"

"I thought our date would be ended in my bed." Carina bites her bottom lip and smirks, "Naked."

Seeing the seductive smile of the gorgeous Italian woman, Maya can't help herself but her eyes focusing on Carina's bottom lip. "Now you're making me doubt myself about not going upstairs with you."

Carina surely sees Maya's eyes fixate on her bottom lip, her mind replays the kisses they shared earlier at the front door.