First Date

Just stepping out from the bathroom, the Italian doctor hears the notification from her phone.

She throws her towel away and walks to the night stand, picking up her phone.

"I'll pick you up at 5. Is it OK?"

Carina takes a glance of the time.

Well, she has 5 hours to pick out her outfit and make up. It's plenty of time.

"5 is good."

"Andy said that I should give you a heads-up to dress nicely, but you always look nice. Just don't put on heels you couldn't walk long on."

The blonde firefighter finally gives her the time and details about their date. Carina smiles and types back, "I'll take that as a compliment. Did you just hint that we're gonna take a walk tonight?"

"We could if you feel like it."

Carina hums at the reply of Maya's, not sure of what's in Maya's mind. "We'll see, lieutenant Bishop."

---

After quite a while at Carina's house, appreciating each other's outfits, the couple gets in Maya's car to the first place of their date night.

"Where are we?" Carina asks when Maya pulls up.

"This is where Mason's mural is. I ran here as my routine morning run almost every day for a while when he finished it." Maya explains when Carina walks to her and holds her bicep automatically.

"Almost every day? It's 30 minutes away from your apartment!" The Italian doctor is surprised to Maya's words. She would never get up early and drive 30 minutes to run at some park. "You must be proud of him." Carina says.

Maya smiles at Carina's reply and her surprised look, "I was and I am."

Mason is her little brother. Her talented brother who was sacrificed and neglected because of her, but he still finds his passion for art.

Maya takes them to the furthest bench from the exit of the park and points at somewhere, "About half mile east from the exit, there is a path to the bridge. Mason left his mural under the bridge. The path is not easy to find though. Most of people run on the main road."

"But you don't?"

"I changed my routine running place after I found out Mason was here. I came here for Mason, so..." Maya shrugs.

"Mason lives with you now. You don't have to go all the way here for your morning run."

"I don't. I haven't came here after I got Andrew's call about Mason. I ran to the park between my apartment and station 19."

"Let me guess. It's closer to your station and you could take a shower before work without being late."