Food

"I gotta go check my patients. Talk later." Andrew says and leans in to kiss on his sister's cheeks.

"Are you going to check Mason?" Carina asks after kissing on her brother's cheeks as well.

"Yeah. I'll go to his room first."

"I'm coming with you then."

"Why? Don't you have appointment or surgery?"

"Mason is nice and friendly. We have the same taste of art. Besides, my appointment is in 2 hours and I'm not paged, either. So..." Carina shrugs and tilts her head.

"Oh. OK." the younger Deluca walks out of lounge with his sister to their new favorite patient's room.

---

"Hey, Delucas."

Carina smiles to her new friend, "Good morning, Mason." she turns slightly glancing the while room even the door of bathroom while Andrew is taking care of Mason, "Hi, Mason. Can I check your wound?"

"Sure." Mason lies backwards so Andrew has better access to his wound.

"Are you looking for Maya?"

Mason notices Carina's wandering gaze.

"She's not here to take care of you?" Carina asks nonchalantly and slips her hands into pockets.

"She went home to clean her house. She'll be here any minute I think." Mason says.

"Your wound is better..."

"Hello. You are all here. Good." Maya walks into the room and interrupts Andrew. She opens the bag and hands him a cup of coffee and food. "These are for you, espresso and croissant. Thank you for taking care of this one." She hands over another set to Carina.

"Please, it's my job. You don't need to thank me with delicious food every day, Maya." Andrew smiles and raises his cup of coffee.

Carina happily accepts the surprised nice gesture from the blonde. "Grazie, bella."

Mason opens another bag taking out of his own drink and food, "I don't know about you, Andrew. But I can take it every day." He takes a bite of it immediately.

Andrew smiles cheekily , "Me, too. I'm grateful for these nice gestures. We don't get to eat if we're busy as hell."

Carina takes a sip of coffee first and then takes out her own croissant, "The best choice with espresso." She smiles happily and lightly touches Andrew's croissant with hers playfully.

"Glad you enjoy them." Maya chuckles and takes a sip of her own drinks and admires their happy faces.

Mason notices the sparkling in his sister's eyes, and her grin seems...a little too bright?

He smirks and swallows the food before speaking up, "Yesterday, I was wondering since when you put high-calorie dessert into your body. Turns out, you're attracted."

Maya quickly shots back, "Fighting fires consumes a lot of energy, Mason. And I didn't hear you saying anything since you finished much of them."

"I didn't know yesterday was Carina's day off, either! Someone needed to finished them and I wanted dessert." Mason shrugs, playing innocent to bring up yesterday.