Chapter Twenty

I stared at him in disbelief. His tux jacket was gone along with his tie. His shirt had been unbuttoned a few more times opening it up to his mid-peck. His hat remained sloppily on his head, but Craig almost looked like he was enjoying himself.

"I-I don't think that is a very good idea," I stuttered.

"Come on, (Y/N). I saw you looking at me earlier. We might as well end both of our suffering and have ONE dance," Craig argued.

I felt my face heat up. I didn't think he'd really notice.

He stuck his hand out for me to take. I hesitantly placed him hand in his.

It's only one dance. What's the worst that could happen?

"One dance," I repeated, standing up.

"C'mon, don't I at least deserve the next song? You've already waisted half of this one..." Craig complained.

He was so cute when he was being nice, but I didn't want to fall down a hole. It was all so toxic- the whole thing.

"I'm asking nicely, (Y/N)," Craig cooed in my ear.

I couldn't help but melt. "Y-yeah, you can have the next song too."

Craig pulled me even closer, our bodies connecting, and I gently placed my head in his shoulder.

It felt so good to be so close to him, again. It felt like I was on a whole different world. No one else was around us. We never broke up. It was just us, and it was so nice, until the song ended.

I opened my eyes to see how close he was holding us together, and I realized the reality of things.

"C-Craig, I can't," I instantly said pulling away.

He took my wrist to keep me from going too far. "You said I could have the next song, too. You aren't going anywhere."

He pulled me in closer to him again.

"Craig..."

"Just listen. Can you do that much? I don't need you to say anything; I just want you to hear what I have to say," he said in a low voice.

"o-okay..."

Craig let out a sigh. "What I did was fucked. How I handled it was worse. I beat myself up for days and nights over what I did...over what I lost. (Y/N) ...I miss you so much. I promise I'm better. I'm done with my ego...You're worth so much more."

I couldn't speak. Craig was holding me so tight, and I was so scared to answer him. Do I just forget everything that happened? Do I set myself up to be hurt again?

"Craig..."

"Please, (Y/N)," he whispered.

"I shouldn't...but I really want to..." I responded to him. "If I take you back, then what?"

"I'll have an actual chance to show you that I am not the same insecure asshole.... please (Y/N), end this suffering. I messed up. All I am asking for is another chance," Craig pleaded.

I knew I shouldn't, but I couldn't help it. I instantly hugged him, and he pulled me in closer.

"(Y/N), I love you so much," he whispered to me. "And, I'm going to make this up to you."

I felt my eyes start to water as I squeezed him tighter. "I love you, too."

*(A/N): Hey guys. Thank you for reading. Part three of this series is posted. I take requests, just look at my request book if you have a story, character, or next part to one of my other stories if you want. Again, thank you so much for reading, voting, and leaving your comments. I love it so much!*