Chapter Fourteen

I spent that Monday trying to understand. I didn't see why she had such a drastic change. Was she really over everything? Was she just fine? I had to find out where she was.

All day spent trying to get her to look my direction, but nothing seemed to work. I would 'accidentally' drop my pencil near her, and she would just hand it back without saying a word. I tried hanging out with he guys and being loud to get her to simply glance my direction. I even caused a scene in class, and I got nothing from her.

It bothered me so much. How could she be fine? Like our relationship was nothing. It took her three weeks- I couldn't do it. I couldn't be at school anymore. I was currently sitting outside of the principal's office for flipping off the teacher, but that was only going to get me detention. I needed to go home. I couldn't be here anymore...I couldn't be around her while she is so okay with not being with me. When I was called in, I told the principal that he could fuck off, which easily got me suspended for a couple days. It wasn't going to fix anything, but it was going to give me time to think.

After the principal was done yelling at me, I quickly rushed to my car, in hopes to just get a clear head after leaving the school. But when I got to my car, I couldn't help but notice a white envelope sitting on my driver's seat.

What the hell...

Suddenly, my hysteria had stopped running through my body. I stared at that note and knew that it had to be from her, and I was honestly scared to see what it had said inside.

Come on, Craig. Don't be a fucking pussy, just look at it and see what it says. It's (Y/N) ...it can't be that brutal.

I took a deep breath and opened the envelope to see a letter written in it.

Hey Craig,

It's been a couple weeks since everything. I don't think that it has all set in yet. I still wake up hoping to see a text, or just anything. Anything that brings it back to us...but we both know that that isn't quite possible, is it? I hope you are doing better than I was. I know that you said you didn't care, so I can easily assume that you are doing better. But is that assumption correct? Because I feel like I know you better than anybody does in this school, and I've seen sides of you that you never dared to show your friends. Either way, you claimed you don't care, so I think that it is only best that I no longer care either...

~(Y/N)~