Chapter Five

The rest of the week, we were fine, as if the fight never happened. Unfortunately, since I was going to gone for an extra week, my week was filled with making up my homework, but I did get to see Craig Friday night after school. Craig offered to help me pack, but we both know that he was being more of a distraction.

"What day are you coming back?" he asked, as I continued to shove clothes in my suitcase.

"Saturday night," I responded.

"That's when the boys are throwing that party for my 17th," Craig said.

"I know, and I'll be there. It just won't be until a little later." I smiled to reassure him. "I told my parents that we have to be back for it. I wouldn't miss it."

"You better he there," he warned me. "I hate this kind of stuff, and babysitting your drunk ass is going to be the only good thing about it."

"Maybe I could babysit your drunk ass for once. It is your birthday party," I replied.

In our time together, I had maybe only seen Craig drunk once. It was true when he said it wasn't really his thing. I liked him when he was drunk, though. He was a completely different person. He was actually so nice and funny, and he talks all the time. But he's also rather impulsive, and he does a lot of stupid things when he is drunk. I think that's why he doesn't like to drink.

"Yeah, that's not happening. I don't want people to think I like them," he mumbled. "Hey, are you going to see (ex), while you're home?"

I knew the answer he wanted to hear, but I didn't want to lie to him about it. "I mean, yeah, probably. My friends are always trying to hang out together when I'm home."

"Well...if he comes onto you, make sure he knows you have a twisted boyfriend, who will kick his ass," Craig threatened.

"There is nothing to worry about, but I'll let him know," I giggled.

Craig took my hand and pulled me on top of him. "You have not idea how happy that makes me."

Our lips connected for a deep kiss, before Craig collapsed on the bed, pulling me onto his chest. I nuzzled into him, enjoying his warmth. We stayed like that for a while until I looked at the clock.

"Oh, you have to go. I have to leave early in the morning," I told him, getting up.

"Can't I just stay here?" he whined, pulling me back onto the bed.

"That depends on how much you value your life," I replied.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well, my father would kill you," I answered.

"True, but we might be able to make it worth it," he winked at me.

"Oh go," I laughed. "I'm getting tired, and we're leaving early in the morning. I'll see you Saturday."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," he mumbled getting up.

He gave my one more long kiss before heading out.

How did I get so lucky?