Chapter Nine

I had spent my morning running around the school trying to find Craig, and I had no luck. I even checked Mr. Mackey's office to see if he had already gotten in trouble, and I still found nothing. I finally gave up my hopeless searched and went to the classroom. Once I entered the room, I was able to find a certain raven hair boy, who was half asleep on his desk.

I felt a huge smile form on my face as I quietly snuck over him to whisper, "Guess who?"

I had never seen a boy jump so fast in my life. He looked up at me with a confused and shocked look. He had looked exhausted. I couldn't help but wonder what had him looking so miserable along with everything else that was going on, but Craig shot up to tightly hug me, interrupting my thoughts.

"Jeez, I was only gone for a week and a half," I nervously laughed, returning the hug. It felt so nice to be in his arms again. "I'm glad you aren't mad at me."

He pulled away and looked at me with panicked eyes, "Mad? Why would I be mad at you?"

"Well, I didn't come on Saturday, and I feel horrible about it. I promised I'd be there, but it was out of my hands. Then, my cousin broke my phone, and I couldn't talk to you- I just feel so bad...and you were right, (ex) did try to come onto me. He tried to kiss me, and as soon as he leaned in, I pushed him away and left- I should've listened to you in the first place, and I am so sorry," I apologized, getting rather choked up about the whole thing.

"No, it's okay...I could never be angry at you," he mumbled into my hair as he pulled me back into the hug.

"(Y/N), what the hell are you doing?" a voice asked behind me.

I turned to see Wendy and Nicole standing in the doorway. They both looked confused and disgusted at what they walked in on.

"Hugging my boyfriend?" I nervously laughed.

"Wait, you are still dating him?" Nicole asked.

"Well, yeah...why wouldn't I be?" I questioned. I looked back to Craig to see that he was just staring at the floor, and everything about the morning was starting to click for me. "Craig, why wouldn't we be?"

He refused to look at me, as his eyes stayed glued to the floor. "Please, I'll tell you later, when we're alone."

"Oh, so you are just going to keep putting it off...she deserves better than that- better than you," Wendy spat.

"What are you guys talking about?" I questioned.

Wendy looked like she was about to say something, but the bell cut her off. Students began to flood into the room, and the teacher followed. We dispersed to our seats, leaving me feel very confused and anxious.

What the hell happened when I was gone?