Chapter Four

*Your P.O.V.*

Before class, I took the time to catch up with Wendy. I told her about everything over break.

"I'm sorry about you grandpa, but you didn't tell Craig about your ex?" Wendy asked.

"I just didn't feel a need to make him worry. I don't have feelings for (ex), and it's not like I can ask him to not hang out with our friends; that's childish," I explained. "It's not like Craig is going to know. I just don't want to start an unnecessary fight."

"I guess, you sound sure of it," Wendy shrugged, looking at her phone. "Oh my God, we're going to be late."

We quickly made it to class, barely making it before the bell. However, Craig wasn't here yet, causing me to worry.

Where is Craig? The bell is about to-

My thoughts were cut off by the bell. The teacher entered the room, setting her books on the desk. She then made her way to write the lesson on the board. While her back was turned, Craig was able to sly sneak into the room and go to his desk.

"Where were you?" I whispered.

He gave me a cold look in return. "We need to talk."

Talk? What could he want to talk about that's so serious?

His cold look made my stomach turn. Sure, Craig could be a distant, but he rarely was to harsh and stern. As the teacher started the lecture, my mind was jumping to the worst conclusions. What did I do? What rumor did he hear? Did he want to break up? If so, why? Did he know about (ex)?

After an agonizing fifty-minute class, I made my way to Craig.

"What do we need to talk about?" I asked.

Craig glanced around the crowded hallway. "Not here. Practices don't start until tomorrow, so after school."

I gulped. "O-okay."

I went to hug him, but he turned away from me.

"Not until after we talk," he sternly said, before making his way down the hall.

It was a long day. I didn't eat much for lunch. Craig had my head sprinting in circles. Luckily, after the last bell of the day, I saw Craig at his locker and marched right up to him.

"What do we need to talk about?" I asked him; my frustration was very evident.

"Come on," he grunted, leading us to the door.

I let out an aggravated groan and followed him out the front door. We went out to his car, but I wasn't too sure I wanted to be in a confined space with him. He opened the passenger door for me, like the gentleman he was, and then slammed it shut...like the gentleman he was. I took a hard swallow, scared to what could've happened to make him so upset.

"What's—"

"Who the hell is (ex)?!?" he asked...well, yelled.

How did he-

Craig tossed my phone, almost as if he read my mind. "He's been texting you and apparently misses you a lot. Now, I'll ask one more time, who the fuck is (ex)?"

"You snooped—"

"No, you left your phone in here this morning, and he texted you. I checked to make sure it wasn't you mom or something," he cut me off.

"I thought I left it at home..." I mumbled to myself.

I glanced to Craig, who looked livid, but I couldn't help but think of the situation and giggle.

"Is Craig Tucker jealous?"

I had seemed to hit a deeper nerve, as his brows furrowed, and nostrils flared.

Oh no he's about to explode.

"Calm down," I reassured. "(Ex) is my ex-boyfriend- but before you freak out, it's not a big deal. We dated a couple years ago but broke up and stayed friends. We were part of the same group of friends. After I moved, we lost all contact. We did see each other over break- with our friends. It wasn't like a one-on-one situation. He just said that he missed being friends. There is absolutely nothing shady going on. He knows about you and me, and I have made it very clear that I only want you."

A faint blush appeared on Craig's face, ad he looked away.

I took his hand, "Craig, when I saw (ex), I genuinely couldn't remember why I liked him. He is absolutely nothing compared to you. I couldn't even remember why I liked him so much, but if you rather have my not text him, I won't."

"I'm sorry," he apologized.

He gave my hand a gentle kiss, before putting the car in drive.

Damn... that was kind of scary. I thought he was going to blow up.

As he pulled into the driveway, he said, "Hey, I know you wanted to hang out tonight, but the guys—"

"I get it, 'guy time'," I interrupted. "You don't get enough of it. I don't mind."

He gave me a small smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said, before I kissed him and got out, giving him a small wave as I went into the house.