Chapter Three

To my surprise, the last few weeks back home actually flew by. Unfortunately, my grandfather had gotten pretty sick, but I was able to see a lot of my old friends along with my ex-boyfriend. I didn't want to tell Craig about him to make him worry. Once I was around (ex), I couldn't remember why I was with him. I figured it would be silly to make Craig worry about it. (Ex) and I used to be part of the same friend group, making it almost impossible to avoid him. It would be silly to bother Craig with that, considering all I could think about was Craig. I was honestly so relieved to be back in South Park.

That Monday morning back in town, I waited for Craig to come and pick me up at the usual time. I didn't think I'd miss him this much, but I couldn't help the giddy butterflies I had gotten when I saw his car in the driveway.

*Craig's P.O.V.*

I waited for (Y/N) in her driveway. As much as I hated to admit it, I missed her. I missed her so much. It sounds cheesy, but it felt like a part of me was missing while she was gone. The last few weeks were dreadful for me. I couldn't believe how much time we had spent together. On the Brightside, I was able to spend time with the guys. It never occurred to me how much I had missed them either. Guy time was something that I needed to make room for, but knowing (Y/N), she wouldn't mind.

"Hey!" (Y/N) squealed, pulling me out of my thoughts and into a hug.

"Hey," I replied, returning the hug.

I took her chin and gave her a tender kiss. When pulling away, I saw a faint blush on her cheeks.

I put my car in reverse when she said, "I missed you."

I missed you too.

I licked my lips and held her hand. "Same. How was home?"

"It was good. I got to see a lot of my old friends, but my grandpa is really sick. Mom said we were going back next week," (Y/N) replied, her voice ended in a very sad tone.

Fucking great, she's leaving again.

She let out a faint smile and looked out the window.

"I'm sure he'll get better," I tried to comfort her, thought I'm not sure it was much help; empathy wasn't exactly a strong suit of mine.

"This isn't an unexpected thing. We all knew it was coming," she quietly responded.

"You never mentioned it before," I said.

She gave me a small smile. "I don't ever feel a need to talk about when I'm with you. It's hard to think about the sad things when I'm so happy with you."

"You make me so happy too," I said, pulling into the school parking lot. "But, if you ever do want to talk about it, we can."

"Thank you," she gratefully smiled, as she got out.

As she got out, I went to the trunk to get my gym bags. "You can go ahead with out me. I have to talk with coach before class, so I'll just see you in there."

She nodded and waved me off before heading to the school. After I got my bags, I noticed a light shining in the front seat. It was (Y/N)'s phone. She must have forgot it. I quickly unlocked the car to grab it for her when I saw she had a text from some guy named (ex).

(Ex): You know how I am 😉

(Ex)? Who the hell is (ex)? And why the hell is he sending messages like that to (Y/N)?

The phone lit up with another message from him.

(Ex): So, when you coming back? I've really missed you

Oh, have you? That's it, where the fuck is (Y/N)?