Chapter Eighteen

The weekend finally came, and we went out to Denver to look for dresses. Wendy offered to drive, and I took the front seat.

After we went to a few shops, we decided to look at one more. Nicole and I were the only ones left to get a dress, and it was getting late. Nothing was sticking out to me. All the dresses I tried on were fine, but I didn't really like them. I think it was all because I wasn't too happy about how everything turned out.

We walked into the last shop of the day, and I instantly saw a (f/c) dress, that I was in love with. I instantly went to try it on, and Nicole picked out a few as well.

I came out to show the girls my dress, in which they all liked it, but in the mists of all of that, Nicole yelled out in a whisper, "Guys! My hair is stuck in this dress. Help!"

The rest of the girls rushed to her dressing room, leaving Lola and I alone for the first time in months. Neither of us spoke, but the longer the silence went on for the more tension that built between us.

"I...I just want to say I'm sorry," she spoke.

"For?" I asked.

"Everything," she instantly answered. "I never even had a chance to apologize, and that has been eating me alive. I feel horrible about the whole thing- you and Craig- you guys were so cute together. You had finally got him to settle down, and I always liked him- and I was so jealous. I'm sorry. I should have never—"

I cut her off by placing my hand on her shoulder, but she still seemed too scared to look up. It was true, she went behind my back, but she wasn't the one that hurt me.

"It's okay...I'm not mad at you anymore. I'm not mad at anyone...it happens. Jealousy happened, and if it got the better of you, then that's what happened...just have to deal with the feelings that the caused," I told her.

"Does that mean that you and Craig are okay? Like friends?" she asked.

"No, we won't even look each other's way...why?" I questioned.

"It's just that Craig to super jealous before he started to drink," She explained. "You didn't know that?"

"I was only told that he was super drunk, and others tried to stop him, and he took you home anyways," I told her.

"I mean, yeah that's part of it, but he saw those pictures of you and that guy- then he started drinking a whole bunch, saying that you don't really love him...I can't believe he didn't tell you that," Lola commented.

"He didn't...because he knew I wouldn't listen," I said more to myself than her.

"Oh my God, (Y/N), is that the dress you're getting?" Wendy asked, coming out of Nicole's dressing room.

I nodded.

"I love!" she instantly said.

I gave her a soft smile before going back to the dressing room to change my clothes. When I was done, I bought the dress, and Nicole ended up choosing one as well. However, despite how cheerful everyone was on the care ride home, I couldn't help but focus on Lola's words.

I should've taken a step back and asked why...