040. late night ice cream

Start from the beginning

Daphne quietly sighs as she waits for Ophelia to unlock the door to their room. Sam, Dean, Larissa, Athena, and Jack are sharing. Natalie, Jacob, and the twins are in a different room, and the five teens have the third room.

"This is nice." Jack comments.

"Let's ward the rooms, get a bite, get a few hours of sleep, hit the road first thing." Sam says. He turns the TV on, an episode of Scooby-Doo playing, and Jack sits on the bed, watching it.

"It's... wonderful." Jack says.

"Scooby?" Athena perks up.

"Hey. No." Dean tells Jack, grabbing the remote. He watches the show for a few moments, chuckling. "No." He turns the TV off. "And you're on the couch, sport, all right. So why don't you go over there? Sit down and... here."

Dean tosses Jack a Bible as the boy sits on the couch.

"Read a book. We're out of here in a few hours." Dean says.

"Jack, hey, I can take the couch." Sam offers.

"You can what?" Larissa raises an eyebrow at him.

"No, no. It's fine." Jack assures.

"I just came back. You're already too big for the bed, I'm not squishing on a couch with you two." Larissa quietly says.

"Right." Sam nods. "Sorry." He sheepishly smiles.

~ ~ ~

They got food and are all gathered around the coffee table and eating.

Sam finishes up the warding before sitting between his wife and teenager.

"You can slow down, you know. That stuff's not gonna disappear." Dean tells Jack who is practically devouring his burger.

"Ever seen you eat, Dean?" Sam asks.

Dean grabs a beer and Jack goes to follow his lead.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. How old do you think you are?" Dean asks.

"3 days, 17 hours, and 42 minutes." Jack states.

Sam shrugs at Dean and they allow Jack to take a beer. Jack watches Dean take a sip and copies him.

"The book." Jack looks at the Bible. "It mentions my father. Not Castiel, but Lucifer."

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, he's-- he's big in the Bible. Lotta screen time." Dean says.

"And you... knew him?" Jack asks.

"Well, he's not really an easy guy to know. He's, um, he's kind of rough around the edges." Sam says.

"I guess that's a way to put it." Ophelia mutters.

"He's Satan." Dean says.

"And that's... that's bad." Jack says.

"Damn straight. See... he turned on his father, God." Dean says.

"God, he's in here, too. Is he famous or something?" Jack asks.

"You could say that." Larissa says.

"Yeah. Um, God basically... created everything." Sam says.

"Yeah, and then he skipped out, leaving guys like us to clean up his messes like Lucifer." Dean says.

"So, God's like my grandfather. He's my family and that's... that's good." Jack says.

"Sometimes." Dean says. He puts his foot on the table and Jack copies him. "Okay, all right, will you stop?" Jack puts his foot down.