Ryder

Holy shit, did she really just walk in? I just up really fast, and start putting my clothes on. "You have to go." I demand
"Why? I thought we were having fun." She whines.
"You have to go now. Put on your clothes and leave." I demand again.
"But baby I thought you liked me." She continues whining.
"You were just another fuck. No strings attached, now get out." I say with no emotion.
"Fuck you jack ass." She snarls.
I don't even care that she's pissed. I have to go find Shaleigh and talk to her. She shouldn't have walked in on that. I should've been more careful. No, I shouldn't have done it at all. I pick up my phone and dial her number.
"Miles, I need your help."
"With what?"
"What's Layken's address?"
"Why?" He asks.
"No time for questions, just please." I beg.
"51 Aspen Lane."
"I owe you." I hang up, and rush over there. It takes me all of ten minutes to get there. Her cars here. I jump out the car and run to the door and start knocking. "Hey Layken is Shaleigh here?"
"Look Ryder, she doesn't want to see you right now."
"You're the one who told me to go fuck someone else to get her off my mind. What the fuck Layken? Please, I fucked up."
"I'm really sorry Ryder. Please leave."
I turn around and do as she asks. I feel completely shattered all over again. When I get to my car I punch the side of my door over and over. I don't even want to go home. Home isn't home without her there. I pull out my phone and text Shaleigh.
"Fucking talk to me."
"Ryder I just need time."
"I get I hurt you. I really do."
"You didn't hurt me Ryder. That's just not where I want to be living. Walking in on my best friend fucking some stranger on the couch was enough for me. You need your own personal space. I'll just stay with Layken, and you can do whatever you want at your house without worrying about me."
"I don't fucking get it. You can go on a date with some fucking guy, but I can't fuck a girl? That makes no fucking sense. You can fuck me over, but I can't fuck you over?"
"I need time Ryder. I'll come back when I'm ready. It just won't be tonight."
It's been a month since I last saw Shaleigh. We'll talk every once in a while, but only for a few minutes. I really haven't learned to accept the concept of her being gone. I've tried different ways to cope with it. I even took up MMA fighting. I'm actually pretty good at it, and it's a way to get my mind off of her. As far as I'm concerned she's still dating Rush. I go to get in the car after the gym and I see her. She's standing across the street alone. So many questions are running through my mind. What do I do? Should I go up to her? Is it even smart? Before I could think it through I run across the street up to her. "Shaleigh?" I say questioning.
"Ryder?" She replies.
"How've you been?" I ask casually.
"I've been good, what about you?" She asks.
"I've been hanging in there. I haven't seen you in forever. Would you like to go grab a coffee with me?"
"I don't know if that's a good idea."
"Come on. We haven't hung out in a month."
"Fine."