Chapter Twelve

Madeline

"Well I'm at Jermaine's right now," I responded.

I opened my car door as I turned off the car. I held the phone to my ear as I got out of my car, grabbing my handbag and putting the phone to rest on my ear and in between my shoulder.

"Oooh you're at Jermaine's," she cooed.

"I'm not fucking him, you know have my finals coming up, so we are working together," I explained.

I fix my handbag straps on my shoulders and I shut my car door, moving my phone to the other side, locking my car. I looked at his apartment building as I walked forward towards it.

"If you say soo."

"Giselle! I'm not fucking him, plus I have been thinking about Joh- Chris, Well Christopher," I mentioned.

That was a slip up. Why did I say Johnathon? I haven't been to the bar in a while, maybe it's just I haven't been to the bar in a while. Maybe I should go and see him then.

"Huh? What was that? Joh.. who?" She says, questionly.

"Ugh Johnathon the bartender, but I meant to say Chris," I sighed.

"The bartender? Hmm Okayy... and Chris yeah? Okay Mads."

"Whatt? Johnathon is cute. I was trying to say- you know what we can have this conversation later. I'm about to enter Jermaine's, bye."

"We will continue this conversation, byee girlie."

She hangs up the phone and I pressed the buzzer for Jermaine's apartment. I waited as the beep came through and I pushed open the door entering. I went to the elevator as I saw a notification from Giselle. I rolled my eyes.

Gis🤭🩷: Use a condom x

Me: fuck off!

I went on Instagram as I went up the elevator. I was just scrolling through my feed. I haven't done any research on being pregnant. I think that might just give me anxiety that I don't need.

I got off the elevator and started walking down the hallway to his door. I knocked on the door and waited, when he opened the door. I looked up at him as he was smiling at me.

"What's up," he said.

He moved to the side to let me in and I looked him up and down. He was wearing a white tank top and grey shorts. Jermaine was a fine ass nigga, but definitely not doing anything.

"Nun much, lowkey tired," I responded.

"You want sum coffee? I can make you one."

"Mhm nah, let's just get started before I go dead," I joked.

"Alright cool."

***

The first hour in we was actually doing good, we got through feminism and the theories, which was actually really good. Having a partner in this made me feel reassured that I would do good on my exams.