"No. No, of course not." Sam says. "I just... look, I know you guys aren't exactly best friends." Larissa scoffs and rolls her eyes. "But I-- Lissy, she's my mom."

"Yeah, I know she's your mom. But sometimes it's better to have zero parents than hold on to any bad parents." Larissa says, starting to leave.

"She's my family." Sam reasons.

"So was your son!" Larissa screams, turning back to him with watery eyes. Sam stares at her with a heartbroken expression as she tearfully glares at him. "Pick a fucking side, Sam." She demands before leaving the room.

"I can get it." Libby quietly says.

"What?" Sam asks.

"Well, if... if you were doing something... not so great... I'd wanna understand you. I mean, you are my dad, and... I'd probably be dead by now without you." Libby says. "So I wouldn't wanna lose you so easily."

"Do you wanna talk about something?" Sam asks.

"No." Libby shakes her head.

"You sure? You... you've started closing yourself off again. And you never really explained the cut on your hand." Sam says.

"I told you. I-- I cut it on some glass. A picture fell off my wall and broke, the-- the glass cut me." Libby says.

"Baby, you-- you can talk to me. About anything. I'm not gonna... gonna judge or hate you or anything." Sam says. Libby weakly smiles.

"I'm okay." She says.

"Right." Sam mumbles, letting out a small sigh, wishing he could get something out of her.

Evie goes over to her dad and leans behind him, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. She buries her face in his neck and Sam rests one hand on her arms, his thumb stroking her skin.

Sam looks at his phone and clears his throat.

"You two wanna go for a ride?"

"Sure." Libby shrugs and Sam feels Evie nod.

+++

Sam pulls up to the British Men of Letters compound and turns the car off.

"Go for a ride?" Libby asks.

"I--" Sam winces, sighing. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine." She mumbles, getting out of the car. Sam gets out, the three walking up to where Mary is waiting.

"Thanks for coming." Mary tells her son.

"What's so urgent?" Sam asks.

"Sam, I messed up." Mary states. "I know I messed up. But what the British Men of Letters are doing, this is bigger than us, Sam. We've got a real shot here."

"Shot at what?" Sam asks.

"A world without monsters. A world where you, Natalie, and Dean don't have to hunt, where you can have normal lives with your families." Mary says.

"I chose this life." Sam says.

"I know. But you were going to school, to college. And I get why you gave it up. But what if you didn't have to? What if there was a different future for you, for us? For Libby, Evie, and Athena?" She knows that if anything gets Sam to crack it will be his daughters.

"That's why I'm doing this. That is what I'm fighting for. I am not trying to recruit you, but you need to know. Things are changing. Please." Mary hits the keypad, the gate opening. "Just let me show you."

~ ~ ~

"Wow." Sam mutters as they walk into the compound. Sam puts his hands in his jacket pockets, looking around.