San Pang: "Why doesn't he just sell it?"

Li Fengya slapped his thigh, "Can't make up his mind!"

San Pang: "If he's short on cash, he could find someone to partner with, with his strong connections, surely someone would lend him money? Borrow a bit, find a partner to invest together, wouldn't that work?"

Li Fengya gestured as he spoke, "No, Fat Brother, you don't get it. Put it nicely, it's that he can't come up with the funds at the moment; bluntly speaking, his cash flow has already snapped, 'crack,' it's broken, dead as a doornail! You get it now?"

Li Fengya loved using onomatopoeia, as if it could enhance his vocabulary. With "crack," he sprayed San Pang with flecks of saliva.

San Pang wiped his face, feeling the weight of the hardships involved in tackling this matter from his heavy spit.

"Even with connections, he's still a private business. What are private businesses most afraid of? Lack of money, my Fat Brother!"

After Li Fengya finished speaking, he reached for a large elbow on the table, took three bites, then wiped his mouth, "Let me tell you straight, our Mr. Zhang, he's a bit aloof. I've met him once, oh my dear mother, the way he frowned with superiority, looked like he just got back from a business trip to the Southern Gate— he looks down on us local moneybags, otherwise why would I bother coming all this way to find you guys?"

It wasn't until then that Wei Qian spoke up, asking, "Li Ge, so according to you, aside from selling this commercial street, he doesn't have any other options?"

Li Fengya pondered for a moment, "Not necessarily. If he's hesitant to break ground himself, he might struggle, but if he's willing to use someone else's name, find someone to front a new project company, use the project company's name to propose and finance the development of this land, then it's not impossible to sell it off at a premium, returning a hefty sum of cash. It just takes time, and also... if this were my problem, I'd do it. Didn't I tell you about Mr. Zhang? He might not be keen on these under-the-table dealings."

Wei Qian lowered his gaze, pondered for a moment, then after discussing with Li Fengya, the group decided to visit the commercial street the next day and scout the surroundings.

Returning to the hotel that night, Wei Qian took a lukewarm shower to sober up, not bothering to dry his hair properly. He took out his previous proposal and tore it up.

San Pang, with a cold gaze, made blunt remarks, "Didn't go as planned, did it? Feeling dumbfounded, aren't you? Out of options, right? In my opinion, we should pack up and buy tickets back home tomorrow... Listen to that cough of yours, it's wheezing, sounds like your lung valves are loose, leaking air."

Wei Qian glanced at him, suspecting that Old Bear had sent San Pang along with ulterior motives.

San Pang played the role of Zhu Bajie perfectly, seizing every opportunity to suggest splitting up the luggage and returning to Gaolaozhuang, truly the ultimate weapon to shake the troops' morale.

Old Bear, with his seemingly simple exterior but cunning interior, might have known all along during his last visit and simply wanted to make Wei Qian realize the futility of his efforts.

San Pang continued, "Qian, I don't see any hope in this matter. Old Li is already knee-deep in it as a local bigwig. What else can you expect? Are you planning to send your brother here to seduce government officials? Let me tell you, some things are better left undone, even if it means sacrificing honor."

Wei Qian finally managed to suppress his cough and looked at San Pang in agony, "Brother... *cough*... I'm begging you, have some decency!"

"Don't accuse me. My integrity is as everlasting as my belly," San Pang stood up and stretched his waist, "Alright, you think it over. I think that roasted chicken we had tonight was pretty good. Before we retreat, I'll wholesale a few more for the kids back home to enjoy."