𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓲𝓿𝓮

"So it's over then," Wesley asked her "For definite?"

"Yep," Dolly's voice croaked as she spoke, "Gonna speak to my lawyer."

"I can't believe it," Angela said, looking at her friend, "Thought you two were gonna last forever."

"Me too," Dolly admitted, "I thought I couldn't picture my life without him, but the truth is, I think I'd rather picture a life without the arguments and the silence."

She took a sip of wine, and then another, hoping to feel a numbness buzzing through her veins as she sat there, the couple looking at her.

"So what now?" Angela asked, looking at Dolly as she sipped on her wine, "You think you'll date again?"

"Don't know, think it's too soon to even think about it," She spoke, "I know I was the one who pushed for the divorce in the first place but I never thought it'd actually happen."

"It's a big adjustment," Angela said, "You're essentially learning to live without the man who was by your side for so many years."

"Well, I have a cat, a dad, and a job offer back in Jersey." Her eyes stayed trained in front of her, gazing at nothing in particular.

"You're not going to take the job back in Jersey are you?" Wesley asked, raising a brow as he took another sip of whiskey from his glass.

"I don't know yet, it's good money and I'm close to family on my dad's side, Aunt Margaret said she'd hook me up with a good real estate agent, and help me find a house." She admitted.

"Sounds like you've got it all planned out, so when would you be moving?" Angela asked, sipping from her wine as she spoke.

"Two months, give or take," Dolly said, finally turning to look at the man.

"I mean I'll miss having you here," Angela admitted, a note of sadness in her voice as she said it, "I know you're a grown woman- and this is just my own selfish little thing- but I've always thought you'd been close to friends here in LA. Maybe moving back to Jersey isn't the best decision?"

"I've not decided yet, I'm gonna get the divorce out of the way first," Dolly admitted, taking a sip of the wine.

"Are you two even talking? Or are you completely no contact?" Angela asked, raising a brow and showing a hint of concern for her friend.

"I'm blocked on everything, so much for civil," She scoffed, trying to find amusement in the thing causing her the most hurt.

Angela was silent, she hadn't been expecting that answer and she felt her heart breaking for her friend. "He's not talking at all?"

"Nothing," Dolly shook her head, "That was the thing that pushed me over the edge initially, those weeks of silence like he was disgusted by me."

"He wasn't disgusted, Dolly," Angela said, taking her hand and placing it on top of hers to comfort her, "Maybe he felt hurt, maybe you hurt him. And he didn't want to say anything he didn't mean, so he withdrew?"

"He slept on the couch and didn't even look me in the eyes when I spoke, I can tell when it was over," She sighed, downing the last of her wine.

"Well then maybe that's for the best," Angela said, not fully believing it herself but wanting to reassure Dolly somehow, "If he wasn't willing to talk, then maybe you leaving and moving back home is the best thing to do, you're around people who actually care for you, that has its own benefits right?"

"I used to blame not being able to get pregnant on being shot but we were trying for three years before that and we still never got pregnant, we were looking into options like IVF but then it happened and I could feel the difference when I came home," Dolly admitted, "If I'd stayed any longer he'd have hated me, but I think he already despised me secretly."