𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓲𝔁

"I am so not doing this today," Dolly said as she saw her father in the police station, exiting an interrogation room as she walked down the hallway.

"And what are you not doing?" he asked with a faint smirk as he walked up to the wall just near her, leaning against it. He'd noticed how her face was subtly stained with tear marks, and he was concerned about it, but he couldn't bring himself to voice that concern, knowing that it'd cause an argument.

"Speaking about the fact that you're trying to get me in with 'the world's best divorce lawyer'," Dolly raised a brow at him.

"Oh I've never said that." he replied with a smirk, "I just said I know someone who can really help you with the divorce proceedings. He just happens to be the world's best divorce lawyer."

"I've already got a lawyer and I'm
not fighting for alimony," She made clear to her father before taking a sip of her Pepsi.

"You think it's just gonna end with you not fighting for alimony?" he smirked, that same smirk that always infuriated her, "You think he'll just let you go without a settlement? I know how these things go Dolly, I'm just trying to help you."

"Well guess what, I'm giving him the house," She smirked as she spoke, knowing this would baffle him.

"You're doing what?" he asked, this definitely shocked him "Are you out of your goddamn mind?"

"I said you should see the best lawyer in the business for a reason Dolly, you're giving him too much, he won't stop at the house, he'll take everything."

"Dad, this is the same man you still continue to take fishing and golfing with you, do you really think he's gonna fight me in court?" Dolly scoffed as she started to walk down the hallway.

"Oh really?" he barked, following directly behind her in a firm step, "Do you know for certain that he wouldn't fight you? He'd lose a lot more not taking you to court. What happens if he does? Are you prepared to lose everything?"

"Hey Dickface," She shouts as she sees her estranged husband about to walk away from the armoury, "Tell my father that you're not trying to take me for everything I've got."

His head turned almost instantly, the second he saw her voice she was already shouting, and as soon as he saw her he felt the rage boiling inside of him and instantly tried to stop it from pouring out.

"I've no interest in taking everything she has," his voice remained firm and collected, although he felt his blood boiling he did his best to hide it as best as he could, as much as he wanted to shout and scream at her he didn't, "I'm not after her money, her house or anything she has, I just want her."

"And I want to go to work," She turned to her father, "So you stop meddling," She then turned back to Tim, "And you, let's just pretend that neither of us exist to each other."

"Let's just pretend that we haven't spent the last ten years of our lives together?" he laughed, his tone still remaining firm but only just, "Let's just pretend that we don't love each other?"

"Oh bite me," Dolly rolled her eyes and walked back down to the morgue, quickly taking another drink from her can.

"You know that's not what I mean," he shouted after her, before his eyes scanned her father's, his eyes widening in anger the second he saw a smirk on his face. "Don't you start."

"I wasn't going to say anything," Her father, Freddie Sutton, replied.

"Sure you weren't, you never do..." he sighed, "Let me guess, you've got nothing to add have you?"

"Oh I have plenty to add, nothing I can say in this station," Freddie tilted his head as he looked at the younger man.

"Go on do it, just get it off your chest" he said, he knew he was making a mistake already but couldn't help but challenge him.