Chapter 12: Echoes of Friendship

"Careful, Mom, those eyes of yours seem like they're about to jump into the TV. You're not even looking at me when I talk," I said, laughing.

"Alright, stop it, I'm focused here. When else do we get such peaceful moments at home? It's only when Dad and Asher are out that I can enjoy this quiet time," Mom replied.

"Okay, Your Majesty," I teased, grabbing my phone just to check social media, glancing at the TV from time to time. I've checked social media several times, well, actually it's owned by the body I'm inhabiting. she's diligent about posting photos of family and friends, always showing with a smile that seems to show how happy their life is. I wonder if it's truly happiness or if there's something I'm missing.

As I waited for 3 PM to approach, I spent time watching Korean dramas with Mom, occasionally chatting. When the clock neared 3, I quickly got ready. After I was prepared, I said goodbye to Mom and headed to the cinema. Upon arrival, I didn't see any of my friends' faces. Well, it seems they're running late.

I opened the group chat that Lior had created last night, confirming that he indeed made it after sending me that message. I then sent a message to the group, which consisted of 5 members, including myself.

________________________________________

(Group Chat)

Seraphina:

Where are you guys?

Lior:

Oops, are you already there? Hold on, my mom asked me to catch the cat T_T I'll be on my way soon. Really sorry, but I'll try to be super quick, like as fast as a flash.

Kevin:

Just finished changing clothes, on my way~

Hanna:

On the way now

(sending a photo)

Almost there

Yura:

Just woke up :')

Seraphina:

Oh my goodness...

I'm speechless 0-0

I'm waiting for you, Hanna!!

Hanna:

Alright.

_________________________________________

Not long after, I spotted Hanna strolling into the cinema. I dashed over to catch up with her. "Finally, you're here! I thought I'd be alone for ages, especially after seeing the lack of response from the group chat," I said, relieved to have at least one friend now.

"They're probably still a while away. How about we grab our tickets first? There's a new horror flick out, let's catch that. And let's buy their tickets too; they won't refuse if we've already bought them," Hanna suggested. I nodded, and we walked together to the ticket counter. We purchased five tickets for the latest horror movie titled "IT." After that, we grabbed some popcorn and drinks before taking our seats, keeping an eye out for any familiar faces.

10 minutes passed.

20 minutes passed.

30 minutes passed.