Chapter 8: Entangled Realities - Unraveling the Threads of Time

Ah, how long have I been here? How long have I settled into this life? Over a month? I still ponder my previous life—whether my destiny remains the same, even though I'm not the one currently inhabiting my old body. I go through ordinary days in this life, which is undoubtedly much better than my previous one. The support from friends, family, and the environment makes it easier for me to thrive. I've become a better person in this life, thanks to the memories from my previous one. I'm gradually getting to know their characteristics, and I can say I've adapted quite quickly to this life.

However, for some reason, I'm still contemplating the correlation between this life and my previous one. If I'm in this body now, where is the original owner? Are they no longer here? Or did they move into my old body in my previous life? I have so many questions.

I've started looking for information about the existence of my other self—partly because we share the same birthday and live in the same city. Luckily, I still remember my home address. However, when I checked that house, I found an entirely different family. I asked if there was a previous family living there, but they said their family had built the house and lived there for a long time.

What does this mean? I also tried searching for the names of my previous family, but the results were zero. It's as if that family vanished or perhaps never existed in the first place. So, did I ever exist back then?

My parents, my sister, and my past self—where could they be now? I even searched graveyards, hoping to find their names etched in stone, but to no avail. I gave up. However, one day, fueled by an intense curiosity about my experiences, I turned to Google in search of theories that might shed light on my situation. To my surprise, I stumbled upon something intriguing:

"Recent research has explored the idea of another universe—a parallel existence that runs alongside our own, reflecting our lives with subtle differences. As my life story unfolds in this alternate reality, questions about the mysterious connection between these universes linger. The parallel dimensions are believed to be connected, with individuals sometimes experiencing a shift in consciousness, leading to a swap between entities from different realms. This fascinating phenomenon sparks inquiries about the interconnectedness of souls, making me ponder whether the person now living my past life is undergoing a parallel journey in my previous body. As I navigate this intricate web of existence, the blurred lines between these universes become more intriguing, prompting contemplation about the complexities of our shared destiny across the multiverse."

Hmm, another universe? Alternate reality? Alternate universe? Those are the same keywords on Google, indicating the existence of a theory about our other lives out there. Some say it's a life that's inversely proportional, while others suggest it's the dream life we wish for.

I don't know, it's quite complicated to grasp. However, at least I'm aware of the possibility that after I ended my life in the previous one, I shifted to this existence, my life in another universe. It sounds absurd, but the current events seem irrational to me anyway. If I were to share these things with someone, would they believe me, or would they think I'm insane and might need psychiatric care? I think they would be straight thinking I'm insane so it's better to keep this for myself only for now.

I ponder that if I'm now in this body, it could mean the owner of this body has passed away. But how? Is it possible that she died suddenly at the exact moment I took my own life, and somehow I entered this body? I don't know, but I'm quite enjoying life as it is. Having the same name but with a slightly different appearance and a harmonious family, plus a pleasant environment—what more could I ask for? I'm also academically inclined, thanks to retaining knowledge from my previous life.