Freen herself had been so instrumental in instilling those values in them, every time they drove back home from a game or a marathon, Freen would be the one comforting them in the car, explaining to them how as young sports people, they should imbibe the spirit of the game.

Beckett came home soon enough, and then Khun Mae returned with some groceries she felt she needed to stock their fridge up with. By the time it was evening, Freen looked even more tired than she did when they brought her home, and Becky could see it, if no one else.

"Freen, I think you should get some rest, you look tired na." Becky suddenly spoke, interrupting Beckett's anecdote about school today that he was narrating to them all.

"I'm fine, don't worry about it." Freen said to her.

About an hour later, Sam pulled on her arm to tell her to build his Lego castle with him, and she happily obliged.

"Sam baby, I think your Mama needs some sleep now na?" Becky said.

"Becky, I'm okay. Building a castle won't hurt." Freen said, and Sam looked over-joyed.

Becky let it go. She went into the kitchen to heat up dinner.

//

They were all seated around the table ready to dig in, when Becky got up and said, "Wait, Freen, you have some meds to take before dinner."

Becky went upstairs and returned with a bunch of pills and a glass of water and offered them to Freen.

"Thank you..." Freen said quietly and took them quickly.

Once they'd begun eating, it was all fun and chatter again, Becky noticed that Freen did enjoy her food, but nothing seemed to have stirred any memories yet, and she comforted herself internally saying, that's alright, maybe another dish might do it for her, maybe some other time.

She did however notice Freen yawning, towards the end of her meal. So when the kids suggested a movie marathon after dinner and ran off into the living room, Becky started picking up the dishes and said, "Freen, you don't need to stay up, you're really exhausted..."

"BECKY! I'm an adult. I'm perfectly capable of telling when I'm tired and when I need sleep, will you please just...–" Freen couldn't form the words.

She also knew her snapping that way was very uncalled for, Becky was just worried about her. Maybe she really was tired and cranky, but now she'd said what she shouldn't have.

"I just... you're on heavy meds, you're just back from the hospital, it's probably a lot to take in."

"I'm aware of all of that." Freen said back, not looking at her directly.

Becky nodded then, and Nam looked between the two of them, knowing how hard this must be for them both.

"Okay ka, cool it everyone. Freen luk, if you're up for movies, that's fine na. Becky was just concerned is all." Khun Mae felt the need to say.

Freen stayed quiet. Becky took the dishes to the sink and began washing them. She heard the rest of them go over into the living room.

"She didn't mean to snap, nong..." Nam said, having come to help her with drying the dishes as she washed them.

"I know..."

"I think she's feeling the need to make it up to the kids that she doesn't remember so much about their lives."

"I'm aware that's what she's doing." Becky replied.

"She's going to be this way for a while. Put yourself in her shoes, it's really difficult to have no memory, to be living in a home with strangers."