034,

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR, episode two, goblin's gold

episode two, goblin's gold.

ISABELLA VALOUR could never have been prepared for what would happen to her in the next few hours. after hers and arthur's talk, the prince had gone to 'find' merlin with his knights.

and morgana pendragon had gone to threaten a scared little serving boy.

ever since she had befriended morgause, she had been having dreams. dreams of isabella becoming queen of camelot. it was something that she suddenly couldn't bare to think about. morgana wanted the power. she wanted to be queen. so, she would do everything she could to ruin isabella valour.

and i emphasise on the word everything.

isabella had just left her chambers after changing into a suitable dress for the afternoon when three guards approached her with sir leon. "good evening," she greeted, attempting to move past them.

"your grace, i offer you my sincere apologies for this." sir leon told her gently, before stepping back. "arrest her."

"what?" she asked in disbelief, attempting to get out of the guard's grip as they began to take her to the throne room. "sir leon, what is happening?"

leon knew he shouldn't tell isabella anything, however he had grown fond of her, and saw her as a trusted ally. the knight gently leant in to whisper, "the king believes you were involved in merlin's escape. he...he was told by somebody. a witness."

"that isn't true!" she widened her eyes as she was pushed to her knees in front of the king.

morgana was sat on her throne, looking shocked as isabella faced them. "isabella, what do you have to say?" the king asked calmly.

"i don't understand why i am here." she answered, putting on a confused face as sir leon mentally thanked her for not revealing his betrayal.

"you are here because there was a witness seeing you let merlin escape." the king stood up angrily as her eyes widened in disbelief.

"but i didn't! i was in my chambers the entire time. ask anyone—estella, gwen, morgana." she listed, tears brimming in her eyes.

i definitely should have thought of something to help get myself out of this, she thought.  damn you isabella for being so stubborn!

"silence! you helped a sorcerer! you are a traitor to this kingdom." he exclaimed loudly as she stared back at him in shock, unsure of where this was going.