026,

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX, episode nine, the lady of the lake

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX,
episode nine, the lady of the lake.

ISABELLA WOKE up one morning to the sound of the warning bell. she blinked tiredly, sitting up slightly as estella entered her room. "what is it?" she asked, motioning to the bell.

"well, you know the druid girl that has escaped?" she began as isabella nodded. a few nights ago, a cursed druid girl managed to escape from halig's cage. she was going to be a gift to the king.

"giving girls as gifts to the king? that's rather concerning." isabella had said.

"well, she still hasn't been found. also, a couple got attacked last night by a strange beast." estella grinned mysteriously as isabella pulled a face.

"why are you grinning?" isabella asked as she sat down to brush her hair. "that's sad, estella."

"no, it's exciting. it was getting boring around here." estella shrugged as isabella rolled her eyes.

"any particular colour today, bella?" estella asked as she searched through isabella's wardrobe.

"suprise me." isabella shrugged with a small smile.

"DID YOU find anything on the beast today, arthur?" isabella asked at dinner later that day. uther was sat at the head of the table, and shook his head for the boy. he was clearly growing aggravated by the druid girl's disappearance and the mysterious deaths.

"we tried to track the beast down but only found human footprints. however, the marks weren't something a human could achieve." arthur responded as isabella frowned.

"it must be the work of a magical beast." uther spoke up as isabella glanced at arthur, who pulled a face.

"i wonder why sorcerers are so obsessed with this kingdom." isabella spoke teasingly as arthur chuckled and uther sent her a sharp look.

"arthur tells me your birthday is coming up." uther changed the subject as isabella smiled, nodding.

"next week. i'll be twenty, sire. can you believe that?" she grinned and he chuckled, shaking his head.

"it feels as if it was only yesterday you were seven years old, running around the castle causing mischief with arthur." uther recalled as both of them smiled lightly.

"we shall have a feast. a party even, to celebrate." he decided as she nodded with a small smile.

"of course. may i ask if my father can come too?" she asked as a servant walked over with a piece of parchment and a quill.