Whisper's of Triumph

Command input successful, eliminating orcs.

*(Sound of turrets firing, goblins and orcs being defeated, and blood splattering)*

These four new turrets are really coming in clutch. Previously, the 10 orcs and 30-40 goblins were too much to handle, but thanks to the new turrets and the one being controlled by dad, the orcs are now falling. (Sounds of orcs and goblins being defeated, blood splattering) There are only 5 orcs left, and the red orc isn't moving. What is it planning? thinks Khush.

Khush: "How are you doing that? How much mana is left?"

Father: "It's at 2.7 something, almost reaching half. Your mom's lunch is proving to be useful – 20% faster mana recovery for 30 seconds. Very useful."

Khush: "Only two more orcs remaining, then only the red one is the remaining threat."

Then the mount of the Red orc howls very loudly, which causes every single monster to start attacking. The Red Orc also starts riding towards us.

Khush: "Father, get ready, it's coming towards us. Tell the turret to fire at it now."

Father: "Okay, turret, I command you to attack the red orc using double the firepower."

Command successful, firing at the red orc using 0.04 mana per bullet.

**(Sounds of rapid turret fire and blood splattering)**

Suddenly, the red orc jumps and manifests a giant axe in his hands in mid-air. Then, it hits the ceiling of the house, almost breaking it. *Bang Dhar-rustle SFX*

Khush:"Father, do something! It's eating those bullets like chocolate. Increase the firepower to 0.2 mana per bullet."

(Intensifying sounds of turret fire and blood splattering)

Father:"0.2 mana per bullet, okay. Turret, I command you, use 0.2 mana to kill the red orc."

Command input successful, eliminated red Orc.
(Sound of powerful turret fire and the red orc being defeated)

It then jumps to our building, but eats the loudest and strongest mana bullet we have ever seen to its face, destroying it and making its body drop in the middle of the road, causing the other monsters to try to flee, but every single one of them gets shot.

(Sounds of intense battle, loud gunfire, and monsters being defeated)

Khush: "Father, it's done. We won. Rest up."

Father: "We did it, we absolutely did it."
*(Sounds of relief and victory)*

Khush:"How much mana left, dad?

" Father: "2.46."

Khush: "You used up more than half of your mana, dad. Rest up, I will be back in a second."

Father: "What do you mean, 'you will be back'? Where are you going?"

Khush: "To collect crystal shards dropped by the monsters."

Father: "Let's go together then." *Dad tries to stand up but his legs give in, causing him to fall* "Why can't I stand? What happened?"

Khush:"It's probably because you used up so much mana in one sitting, or standing should I say? And even if you could come, I wouldn't have taken you with me. You're gonna puke all over."

Father:"Still-"

*Before dad can say anything else, I left.*

Khush: "Let's see how many shards are here, Christine. If you are here, please look for shards and tell me if I missed something."

*Then, I spend 20 minutes looking and collecting shards and I found...*
(Sound of crystal  shards dropping, Khush breathing heavily and getting tired from the effort)

*56 small Orange crystals shards.*
*25 medium orange crystal shards.*
*11 large Orange crystals Shards.*
*And one blue small crystal shard dropped by the red orc*
totaling over 24,000 coins.*

*Then I went back up to see father sleeping. I didn't want to disturb him, so I alone looted the general store and the pharmacy, which was a couple of meters north of the general store.*
*Sound of rummaging and items being collected.*

*It took almost 2 to 3 hours. Then, when I was going back to the house, there I saw that giant axe just lying in the middle of the road. I thought it would have disappeared like the bodies of monsters but it didn't. So I tried to move it but couldn't.

*Sound of heavy breathing and exertion as Khush moves the giant axe.*

It was like 30 to 40 kilograms. So I just let it sit there. And I went back to the house

Khush: "Dad, I am back."

*Sound of snoring*

Khush: "Still sleeping, huh? Too bad, I have to wake you up. Wake up, father, wake up!"

Father: "Huh- huh! What happened?"

Khush: "Nothing, we are just going back home."

Father: "Back home? What's the time?"

Khush: "Around 5 or 6 p.m., I think."

Father: "5 or 6,why didn't you wake me up? We still have to take stuff from the store."

Khush: "Worry not, father, I have already done that. We just have to load it in a car and drive home."

Father: "Oh really, thank you – thank you, now let's find the car and go home."

Khush: "I already did that too, you just need to drive it."

Father: "Wow, Khush, I am impressed by you and angry at you."

Khush: "I can understand being impressed but why angry at me? What did I do?"

Father: "I am impressed because you did all that to make sure I don't overwork myself, but angry because you did all that with the risk of running into monsters. Promise me you will never do that again."

Khush: "I promise, father. Now let's go back home, everyone's waiting."

*After that, father and I made our way down, crossed the road, reached the pharmacy and claimed it, took a car, loaded the 9 bags worth of stuff in it, started the car, and started making our way home.*

Khush: "Father, stop the car!"

Father: "Wh-what happened? Are monsters nearby? Should I cl-"

*Before father can finish his sentence, I interrupted him.*

Khush: "No-no, nothing like that. I was wondering if we can take that axe."

Father: "That axe wielded by the red monster?"

Khush: "Yeah."

Father: "Why?"

Khush: "Idk, it can be used for training or something."

Father: "Isn't it very heavy? It looks like it's 40-50 kgs."

Khush: "I know that, it was stopped by the ark so it's probably a 'drop' and we should be able to sell it for a high price."

Father: "If that's true, then we should definitely take it.''

*Father and I then stepped out of the car and grunted as we tried to move the Axe in the trunk of the car. After almost breaking our backs, we got the axe in the trunk and made our way back home.*

Meanwhile

???: "Where is Gorgrak?"