Testing Abilities

After sticking to this routine for another two days, we started to encounter some unexpected problems

First, the water tanker ran out, leaving us with no water supply at home. Then, the electricity went out, which was surprising considering how long it lasted.

And then, to top it off, one of our family members (Shrasti) fell ill. We had to figure out how to obtain medicine or medical assistance in our current situation.

We devised a plan to safely acquire medicine, a generator, and a portable water pump. This involved utilizing Christine's ability to scout ahead for any potential threats, allowing us to cautiously make our way to the location.

Khush confidently laid out the plan, "We'll utilize Christine's power to scout ahead and choose a path with as few monsters as possible."

Concerned, Christine responded, "My power? Are you sure? I can still barely control it. I can only see and control what a single fly sees."

Khush placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "We believe in you, Christine. Your abilities could be our best chance. We'll take it slow and support you every step of the way."

Christine, though hesitant, nodded in agreement, "I'll do my best."

"So, can you take your hand off my shoulder now?" Christine asked, blushing slightly.

"Oh, yeah, sorry," Khush replied, quickly retracting his hand.

"So when are we leaving?" Christine asked eagerly.

"We? Who's we? " Father questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Only I will be going, you all stay at home," Father stated firmly, his tone reflecting the seriousness of the situation.

"Yeah, only dad and I will be leaving," Khush announced with excitement.

"No, Khush. You too will be staying at home," Father replied firmly.

"Wait, what? What do you mean? I can't let you leave alone. You collapsed like 2 days ago. Either you take me with you or no one is going," Khush insisted, his voice filled with determination.

"But, Khush, it's very risky. Your life will be at risk. I can't bring harm to my own child," Father explained, his concern evident.

"Dad, I can't sit at home knowing you're out there risking your life. We're in this together, no matter what," Khush responded, his eyes reflecting his unwavering resolve.

Father sighed, realizing he couldn't dissuade him. "Alright, but you stick by my side and do as I say," he relented, knowing that he couldn't refuse his son's determination.

"Okay, so what's the plan? How will she let us know if there are monsters around us? " Asked the father.

"Well, as you heard, she can only control a fly. But we're still uncertain about the range and duration of her control," Khush explained.

"So, how do we plan to figure that out?" Christine inquired.

"We'll need to conduct some experiments," Khush replied.

"Experiments?! What kind of experiments? And on whom? " Questioned Christine.

"You, of course. What kind of question is that? " Khush responded.

"Still, what kind of experiments?" Christine persisted.

"The experiments will focus on testing your abilities specifically. We need to determine the range and duration of your skill to ensure we're prepared for any situation," Khush explained.