013

After enjoying their meal, the family found glowing crystal shards left behind by the defeated monsters. The shimmering pieces seemed to have a strange energy, casting a mesmerizing mix of colors across the room.

"What should we do with these crystals?" asked Shrasti, examining the delicate shards in her hand with curiosity.

"Maybe we're meant to use them in some way, like consuming them?" pondered Khush with uncertainty.

"Eat them? These crystals are bigger than my mouth. How could we possibly swallow them? Plus, their sharp edges could be dangerous," Christine remarked, sounding concerned.

With a wry smile, Khush explained, "That was sarcasm. I think we need to interact with the system window. Perhaps we have to give a command like 'open crystal window' or 'open crystal shop'."

Suddenly, a message appeared: "Congratulations! You are the third person in the world to open a shop window directly without any reference from the system. For this achievement, you will be granted a 3% discount on any product from the shop."

As the family absorbed this unexpected acknowledgment, another window appeared, showing valuable information about the crystals' exchange rate within the system:

1 small orange crystal = 10 system coins
1 medium orange crystal = 100 system coins
1 large orange crystal = 1000 system coins

The family realized that these coins were not just for buying things from the system or other players, but also for improving their own skills and attributes. The possibilities and implications of this new knowledge excited and intrigued them as they considered the potential uses and benefits of these mysterious crystals and the system coins they could yield.

The family gathered to discuss how to best use the system coins to improve their father's skills. Khush suggested, "I think we should use half of the coins we get from exchanging the crystal shard to upgrade father's skills, as that is what keeps us alive."

The mother agreed with Khush, saying, "Agreed," with nods of approval from Shrasti and Christine.

However, the father, being practical, said, "Are you all sure? Maybe half is a little too much. What about 1/4?"

The mother reassured the father, firmly stating, "No, I think that is right. Your skills are what keeps us alive."

The decision to allocate half of the system coins to enhance their father's combat skills showed their unwavering support and trust in his abilities. It was a moment that symbolized the family's unity and determination to face the challenges in their unique reality.

After exchanging all their crystal shards, the family had 1830 coins. After careful consideration, the father chose to invest half of this, which was 915 coins, to improve his abilities.

He used 200 coins to increase his mana reserves by 2 points and significantly advanced his skill level from an F rank to halfway towards an F+ rank.

It took us more than an hour to divide the coins among ourselves. Dad had exchanged all the crystal shards, so he had all the coins. It was a bit challenging to figure out how to transfer the money from one person to another within the system. But after some time, we managed to distribute the coins. Mother received 300 coins, Shrasti got 200, and I received 300. Later, Christine reluctantly accepted 115 coins.

After a day filled with dividing coins and honing their skills, the family decided to wind down by spending the evening focusing on their individual abilities.

Subsequently, they retired to their respective rooms for a well-deserved rest.