◊ 𝟏.𝟗 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐅'𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐄

Start from the beginning

Scott nodded. "Get the necklace."

Stiles and Scott went their separate ways, but Percy stayed standing in front of me.

"Is your necklace really a family heirloom?" He asked me, his blue eyes shining with curiosity.

I make a so-so gesture with my hand. "Technically, no. My brothers considered it a family crest, but any hunter can have one of these." I gesture to my necklace.

Percy nodded, "Okay, but what does it mean exactly? All I know is that it's a pentagram encased in a ring of fire."

"Well, it's an anti-possession charm blessed with holy water."

Percy's jaw dropped slightly, and I rolled my eyes for what seemed to be the fifth time today.

"Have you not learned about demonic possession yet?" I ask in disbelief.

Percy shook his head, "Sorry, I haven't gotten to that part of the lesson in hunting school yet." He snarked, making me smirk.

"But if you wear one of those, you're safe from possession?"

I nodded. "Pretty much, but it's better to get it tattooed since you could lose the charm and then become susceptible to possession. I planned to get the tattoo with my brothers once I turned seventeen. But, um, I don't know if that's going to happen." The smirk on my face fell, and the mood I was in had dampened.

Percy seemed to notice, "Well, it's pretty cool. I-I mean the necklace and tattoo part, not the possession part obviously." He stumbled over his words, making me smile.

I chuckled lightly, "Yeah, I never really thought of it that way."

The bell rang. I cleared my throat, "Well, I'll see you later Perce."

He nodded, and we both went to class.

***

Later, at lunch, I sat beside Percy in front of Scott. I would have sat with Allison and Lydia, but I didn't feel like dealing with Jackson. Stiles came to our table and sat down next to Scott; his tray clattered on the table loudly.

"Did you get her to give you the necklace?" Stiles asked Scott.

Scott grimaced. "Not exactly."

"Ah. What happened?"

"She told me not to talk to her. At. All."

"So she's not giving it to you." Percy popped a carrot in his mouth after pointing out the obvious.

"She's not giving me the necklace!" Scott exclaimed.

Stiles sighed, "Well, did you find anything else out?"

"Just that I know nothing about girls, and that they're totally psychotic."

I coughed, reminding Scott that there was a girl at the lunch table. "Take it from the actual girl sitting at this table: not all girls are psychotic. They may be a little crazy, but not psychotic."

"Which type of girl are you?" Scott asked curiously.

I smirked devilishly. "Oh, I definitely have a few screws loose in the old noggin."

"I thought you said that all of the screws up their were tight." Stiles asked with a scoff.

Percy and I shared a knowing glance. "I lied." I shrugged with a smile on my face. I leaned back in the chair and popped a chip in my mouth.

"Okay..." Stiles trailed off. "I came up with a plan 'C' just in case anything like this happened."

"What's plan 'C'?" Scott asked.