◊ 𝟏.𝟔 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑

༻இ༺

***

AFTER GETTING HOME, I promptly went upstairs, into the on-suite bathroom in my room, and took a shower. After taking a scalding hot shower, which soothed the bruises that were already beginning to form. After getting dressed in my pajamas, I grabbed a water bottle and some painkillers from the kitchen downstairs. I quickly took them and went back upstairs to crash on my bed.

Before my head hit the pillow, my phone started to ring on my nightstand. I grunted as I reached over to grab it and answer the call without looking at the caller's I.D.

"Hello?" I ask tiredly.

"YOU GOT HIT BY A CAR?!" Percy's voice blared through the phone's speaker so loud I had to pull the phone away to save my hearing in my right ear. 

"Hit is a bit of an overstatement. I was bumped by one."

"You were hit by a car and shoved into the pavement." He grumbled angrily.

My eyebrows furrowed, "Wait. How do you know that I got-" I cut myself off in realization. "Stiles told you."

"Yeah, he did."

"Snitch." I murmured lowly.

"Be glad he did, because now I'm picking you up in the morning to check on you."

"Oh, please don't."

"Too late. I already asked Max, and we're coming."

I groaned loudly, my head falling back on my pillow, looking up at the ceiling. "You guys don't have to. I'll be fine with Allison dropping me off."

Percy scoffed, "Too bad, missy, I don't believe you, and besides, Max kinda wants to see you."

"Fine."

Percy hummed in triumph. "Great! See you bright and early Ollie. Goodnight!" He chirped excitedly and hung up before I could tell him goodnight.

I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked down at it with a slight smile. I shook my head in amusement before leaning over to my nightstand and putting it on the charger. I turned off the lamp and settled on my back since sleeping on either side would be very uncomfortable, even with the painkillers dulling the ache. I sighed deeply before closing my eyes and hoping for a dreamless sleep.

But we always don't get what we want.

***

Getting ready for today took longer than usual. After abruptly waking up from a nightmare, I dragged myself out of bed and prepared for the day.

Today, I decided to put on Sam's old maroon short-sleeved raglan t-shirt (that I had cropped), black ripped jeans with fishnet tights underneath, a brown aviator jacket, and braided my hair into two French braids (which wasn't the brightest idea because my sides were aching by the time I was done with my hair). Once I was done putting on my everyday rings and anti-possession necklace, Percy texted me that he was outside.

I responded that I'd be out in a few minutes, quickly grabbed my stuff, and rushed downstairs. I entered the kitchen to grab toast and a handful of grapes Victoria had put out for breakfast. I told Allison and Chris that I had a friend picking me up. I grabbed my lunch from the fridge and shoved it in my bag before leaving the house.

As I opened the door, I was met with Percy, and his hand was raised to knock on the door.

"Oh look, it's my knight in shining armor that I don't need," I say dryly.