◊ 𝟏.𝟑 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘

༻இ༺

***

TAKING NOTES for this class was a pain, but with an earbud blasting music in my ear, it made it more bearable. Pretty Visitors by the Arctic Monkeys was playing in the earbuds that weren't visible to the front of the room. I noticed that most, if not all, of the classrooms still used chalkboards.

Honestly, this school should invest in some whiteboards. But I guess the funds for new supplies go to the lacrosse team since they don't have a football team to waste it on. I scoff to myself as I take notes.

"Mr. Stilinski, Mr. Cunningham, if that's your idea of a hushed whisper, you might want to pull the headphones once in a while."  Mr. Harris's voice caught my attention, and I turned my head to see what was happening, making sure my earbuds weren't visible.

"I think you three would benefit from a little distance, yes?"

Stiles scoffed in irritation, "No!"

I saw Harris gesture for the three of them to move away from each other, and they got up and moved in opposite directions. Scott went to the front while Stiles and Percy went over the back to where I was. Stiles plopped down in front of me where Isaac usually sat, but he was out sick today. Percy came to the other side of the table and sat next to me with a grin.

"Let me know if the separation anxiety gets to be too much," Harris remarked sarcastically, making me huff a laugh. Harris may be a dick, but he can be funny sometimes.

"Miss Winchester, you're not as slick as you think you are, headphone out." Never mind, he's still a dick and not funny. I wince at the call out, rip out the headphones from my ear, and try to ignore Percy and Stiles's quiet snickering.

"Shut up before I make you two." I grumbled.

"Right, I like to see you try," Stiles smirked at me, amused.

I raised an amused eyebrow. He has yet to learn who he's talking to.

I go to retort, but another voice cuts me off.

"Hey! I think they found something!" A girl exclaimed, and we all jumped to our feet to see out of the windows to see what was happening. In the parking lot was an ambulance with its lights and sirens on. Two paramedics quickly come into my view, wheeling a stretcher with a man on it.

Before they could lift the stretcher into the back of the ambulance, the man jumped to a seated position, grabbed either paramedic's shoulders, and began to scream. Everyone flinched at the sound, but I looked on with interest.

I leaned back slightly after hearing three pairs of footsteps shuffle backward away from the rest of the group. I stayed where I was but strained to listen to what they were saying.

"Okay. This is good." Percy started saying before Stiles cut him off.

"This is good! He got up. He's not dead. Dead guys can't do that."

"Guys, I did that." Scott said breathlessly.

My eyes widened, hearing his words before my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. How could he do that? Jesus Christ, I need to get to researching right now.

***

"Allison, I need to go to the library." I whined as she dragged me through the cafeteria.

"No way, you promised that you would have lunch with me."

"I'm seriously regretting my promise," I grumbled. "Besides, I don't feel like sitting with the 'popular' people." I dragged my words out with a groan.