No one had informed San Pang about the disappearance of Wei Qian and the others at Wei Zhiyuan's request. San Pang remained blissfully unaware.

Wei Zhiyuan replied, "It's been about a week or two. I heard they started heading back yesterday."

"Oh," San Pang, seeing Wei Zhiyuan's calm demeanor, didn't think much of it. He glanced at the task in Xiao Bao's hands and remarked, "Xiao Bao, are you planning to become a tailor?"

Xiao Bao lifted her head and met Wei Zhiyuan's gaze. She wasn't adept at reading people's expressions from a young age, but for some reason, she suddenly evolved to a new level—she could now understand the meaning behind others' eyes. She awkwardly concocted a less-than-clever lie, "I don't like this lace trim anymore, so I want to remove it."

San Pang responded naturally, "If you don't like it, let your brother buy you a new one. Why bother with all this trouble?"

Xiao Bao was an honest child who rarely fabricated lies. She didn't know how to respond and quickly lowered her head, fearing she would be found out soon.

After a while, she pursed her lips and managed to say, "I... I want to save some money."

San Pang was surprised but casually said, "Look at our little sister, so sensible. If your brother heard this, he'd be pleased."

He was joking. San Pang was always a talkative person, unreserved and uninhibited like Wei Qian. He was accustomed to speaking freely without restraint. However, as soon as he finished speaking, both Xiao Bao and Wei Zhiyuan suddenly lifted their heads to look at him, their expressions extremely grim. They remained silent, but their disapproval was evident.

Reacting swiftly, San Pang paused for a moment before lightly patting his own mouth, "Ah, look at my big mouth spouting nonsense. Don't take it to heart, everyone."

After a while, Wei Zhiyuan managed to force out a smile, but Xiao Bao couldn't muster the same facade. She grabbed her clothes and sewing kit, muttered softly, "I'll go work in my room where it's quieter," and then turned and left.

At that moment, San Pang finally realized that something was amiss.

But as he opened his mouth to inquire, he saw the stubborn glint in the child's eyes and knew he wouldn't get any answers.

San Pang understood then. Both these kids were feeling uncomfortable, but they were holding it in because of his presence.

"Well," San Pang thought, "I better leave. Staying here any longer might suffocate these two little ones."

He bid farewell to San Pang and Wei Zhiyuan, deciding to confront Grandma Song that evening and get some answers.

However, Wei Zhiyuan remembered there was one thing he hadn't completed yet.

The next day, he chose a quiet afternoon to leave the house. As he was about to go, Wei Zhiyuan took out the money Wei Qian had given him for summer camp, looked at it, and tucked it along with the envelope into his backpack.

It was something his brother had left for him, and Wei Zhiyuan wanted to keep it with him for peace of mind.

After finishing his task, Wei Zhiyuan decided to use this money to buy Xiao Bao a new outfit. After all, if his brother didn't return, there would be no point in going to summer camp.

At this time, those who were working had already begun their workday, while those who weren't were taking their midday break in the sweltering summer heat.

Wei Zhiyuan had figured out that the eccentric had been married once and then divorced, now living alone. He had the entire schedule of the eccentric's shifts and knew that on this day, the eccentric was scheduled to work from the afternoon until midnight, meaning he wouldn't be at home.