I frowned. "How can you be 'too in love' with someone and break up because of it?"

"We were inseparable, we used to spend every moment together. But we realized we were neglecting everyone else around us. So we decided to take some time apart. But then we missed each other so much, we couldn't stand it. And we started fighting because we didn't know what to do anymore," he recounted, taking a sip of his Red Bull.

"I was like, 'Shit, the fuck you want me to do?' and she was like, 'I don't want to be around you anymore.' So I broke up with the bitch," he rambled on.

I couldn't help but chuckle at his storytelling. No matter how hard I tried to wrap my head around the situation, his anecdotes always left me shaking my head in disbelief.

"Cam, just call her," I suggested.

Without hesitation, he pulled out his phone and dialed her number.

Speaking of love, I missed mine.

I had never felt so infatuated with someone. I swear, she was doing things to my organism that were unexplainable.

With a smile on my face, I decided to text her.

Prettiest Dwarf 🧌🌺

You asleep?

Omw! 🏃🏾‍♀️

I was snapped out of my trance by Cameron throwing his can at me. "What the hell?" I exclaimed.

"I've been calling you for a whole minute, man. Hol' on, you were talking to Dominica, huh?" he teased, breaking into a little dance.

I rolled my eyes and tossed his can back at him. "Don't you have a house to go to or a mother waiting for you?" I retorted with a smirk.

He laughed, and I stood up. We exchanged a bro hug before pulling apart. "I'm happy for you, Lev. I really hope we'll find Raya, though," Cameron said earnestly.

"Yeah, me too," I replied, my voice cracking slightly. I cleared my throat to cover it up. Cameron gave me a small smile before leaving.

I needed Dominica, it was urgent.

******

"Hi," Dominica greeted with a small smile, and I pulled her into a tight hug. Every scent, every sight of her, fueled my addiction for the girl I was proud to call mine.

"How are you holding up?" she murmured against my chest.

"I'm not," I replied honestly.

"Yeah, me neither," she sighed.

I lifted her up and carried her to my room, laying her down on my bed with me on top of her. "Has the police said anything?" she asked, her fingers tracing patterns through my hair.

"They say they've sent her picture to various police stations and that they'll contact us if they hear anything," I explained, still seething with anger from my conversation with an officer four days ago.

"How are they not alarmed by a seventeen-year-old schizophrenic girl missing?" Dominica's tone was defeated, mirroring my own discouragement.

I shrugged, feeling just as disheartened as she did. "How's your mo—Divina doing?" she asked.

I had asked her not to refer to that woman as my mom, as I never had and never would, even though I had no idea who the fuck my real mother was.

"I don't know. I think she's in her room. She locked herself in there when Dimitri left, and I haven't seen her since," I said, playing with Dominica's bracelets.

"I feel bad for her," She remarked.

"Well, I don't. Why don't we stop talking about her and focus on us instead?" I suggested, shifting positions so she was on top of me.

She kissed me deeply, leaving me utterly entranced by her beauty, before nuzzling her face into my neck.

"Yeah, let's do that."

This was kind of a filler so you know what's happening in Levi's life. I hope you liked it!!

(10/02/2024)