Chapter 13

It had been two days since I had seen Zyran and on top of that, I had a math test the next day.

As I worked, a rush of distracting thoughts made it hard to focus. The pills I needed were just out of reach, and strange sounds and sights added to the chaos.

Caught in the moment, I held my breath. A shadow lurked in the room's corner, making my heart race and tears well up. Frozen in fear, I dared not move, afraid it might come for me.

As my breathing quickened the shadow seemed to inch closer to me, but instead my door was yanked open and the mysterious creature disappeared.

"Ray, have you seen my helmet?" Levi asked as he stood shirtless at my door. I shook all the negative thoughts away and instead focused as hard as I could on my brother's question.

"N-no." I was proud. It came out better than I had expected. "Ugh!" In a loud groan, Levi threw himself on my bed. I turned on my chair to meet his desperate gaze. "What's up?"

"I fucked up, that's what's up."

I frowned, confused. "What did you do?"

"Let's say that my hormones got the best of me." He muttered. "Why is that so bad? It's always the case." I asked, scoffing.

Realisation hit him when I finished my sentence. "Uh yeah but—it's different this time."

My suspicion only grew bigger when he started stuttering over his words and making incoherent sentences. I narrowed my eyes at him, certain that he was hiding something. "In what way?" I asked, referring to his previous statement on how it was "different".

His gaze shifted to mine and he darted his tongue out, licking his lips. That's something he did when he was about to lie or feeling nervous.

"It's just that...you know." I raised an eyebrow at him. "No. No I don't."

He sighed before speaking again. "I'm a different man now."

"Levi, get out." I spat, pointing at the door. He nodded, saying "Yup.", and didn't waist a second before closing the door.

That was close

That was close.

Dominica and I seriously needed to discuss our fucking relationship and what went down this weekend. Unsure of how she felt about Ray knowing, I kept silent, still questioning if it was the right move. For now, I had to come up with an excuse to explain why the fuck I hooked up with another girl.

Before you start hating me, let me explain.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Flashback to Saturday

"What the fuck am I even doing here?"

I said to myself as I entered the house. It was filled with horny and high, or drunk teenagers. I couldn't really tell the difference.