Chapter 21

It was Homecoming!

Before reaching the party, there was the first football game of the year, and I insisted on attending to support Levi and his team. Dragging Dommy along, I noticed her nervous nail-biting, sensing her discomfort.

Unsure of her reasons, I remained determined to fulfill my promise to Levi. Bringing Dommy here was my way of contributing to Levi's happiness, anticipating the dance invitation he had planned for her later that night.

"Can't we just go to my house and get ready?" Dommy suggested, but I shook my head, smirking, and she rolled her eyes at me.

Her words revealed a facade, "I genuinely don't understand why you think I should forgive him. It's over. We're over. Whatever happened between him and me was a colossal mistake and should never have happened in the first place," she yapped, but I saw through the act, knowing better than to believe her.

"Dommy, I hope you will forgive him, but you're right, I can't force you. If you really wanna leave, we can," I acknowledged.

She glanced between me and the field, then shrugged, "We're already here, so we might as well stay," she mumbled, and I smiled at her choice.

As the Golden Knights stormed onto the field, Levi in the lead, I erupted into cheers, earning a side-eye from Dommy.

Levi's eyes widened as he spotted me, and his surprise deepened when he saw Dommy standing next to me, just as I had anticipated. Removing his helmet, his mouth fell agape, captivated by Dommy's presence, before being called back into the circle by Mason.

I felt like I was pushing it, but seeing them apart was unbearable. They needed each other, and I hoped Dommy could look past everything and forgive him. Even if they didn't get back together, forgiveness would lift a weight off her chest—I was sure of that.

******

An hour later, the Knights won the game, thanks to Levi's touchdowns and their impressive teamwork. A fight between Lev and Xavi was narrowly avoided, defused by their teammates.

Each time Levi scored, he'd direct his helmet towards Dominica, and I swear, if she weren't black, she'd be blushing beet red.

As I sat at Dommy's vanity table, getting ready for Homecoming, excitement filled me, but there was an underlying sadness since I wouldn't be spending it with the boy I loved.

Loving someone felt strange, a mix of nerves and excitement. Despite the unfamiliarity, I was prepared to take this path if it meant it would lead me to Zyran.

Dommy noticed my smile, teasing, "Girl, who got you smiling like that? Zyran?" I rolled my eyes but nodded. She hugged me, expressing her happiness for me, "I'm so happy to see you in love. When can I meet him?"

That was the problem. Never.

"He's in college, he's like super busy." Surprisingly enough, she bought it. She commented, "Well, he must be hot if he made you forget Xavi and smile like that."

Zyran was special, and my feelings for him were rare. I feared fucking it all up, having fallen hard for him. I loved him intensely, hoping to preserve what we had.

"And...you're done." Dommy finished my makeup, and as I looked in the mirror, a smile spread across my face. My smoky eye, dark lip combo, and flawlessly styled braids radiated confidence. "Absolutely flawless and sexy," Dommy remarked, capturing the essence of the moment.

I thanked her and went to put on my dress.

After a while, both Dommy and I were ready. She rocked a stunning dark green ankle-length dress in silky material, looking incredibly attractive and fucking sexy.