11' [somebody else]

𓇢𓆸

Taeyeon opens her eyes to the gentle light of the next morning, her thoughts drifting back to the events of the previous day.

After she finished giving Baekhyun the medicine, Taeyeon made the decision to leave, her departure spurred by the faint sound of Baekhyun's phone call in the background, mentioning the arrival of his friend.

Though Baekhyun would want to cancel the meeting, Taeyeon had chosen to maintain a respectful distance, refraining from intruding upon Baekhyun's privacy.

Despite her lingering concern for his well-being, she had opted to grant him the space he needed to tend to his affairs.

Now, as the morning sun bathes the room in a warm glow, Taeyeon finds herself reaching for her phone, a silent acknowledgment of the unanswered questions that linger in her mind.

With a sense of apprehension, she navigates to Baekhyun's contact, her fingers poised hesitantly over the screen.

With a deep breath, she dials Baekhyun's number, her heart pounding in her chest as she waits for him to answer.

But to her surprise, it is not his voice that greets her, but that of an unfamiliar woman on the other end of the line.

"Hello?" Taeyeon says tentatively, caught off guard by the unexpected response.

The woman on the line, unfazed by Taeyeon's call, casually answers, "Hello?"

Taeyeon's mind races, trying to process the situation. As the woman's voice filters through the phone, Taeyeon's grip tightens on the device, her thoughts racing as she struggles to make sense of the situation.

"Oh- um.. Is Baekhyun there?" Taeyeon asks, heart still racing at the thought of who this woman might be.

"Oh, he's in the toilet," The woman on the line says in a tone of voice she never heard before, "Should I tell him later that you called?"

"Oh, no it's okay." Taeyeon stammers, feeling awkward and unsure of what to say, "I'll just call him later."

As she prepares to end the call, another voice interjects in the background, causing Taeyeon's ears to perk up with curiosity.

"Hey, is it okay to answer his phone like that?" Other unfamiliar voice asks.

"It doesn't matter, since it's me," the woman says casually, catching Taeyeon off guard.

With a sinking feeling in her chest, Taeyeon realizes that the woman on the other end of the line is someone familiar to Baekhyun.

She can't help but wonder who this woman is and what her connection to Baekhyun might be.

Feeling a wave of negative thoughts wash over her, Taeyeon decides to end the call abruptly, not wanting to intrude any further into Baekhyun's life.

As she disconnects the call, a sense of unease settles in the pit of her stomach, leaving her with more questions than answers about the person Baekhyun has become since they were last together.

For several moments, Taeyeon sits in silence, her mind swirling with thoughts and emotions.

She can't shake the feeling of unease that has settled over her since the unexpected phone call.

Despite her best efforts to push the thoughts aside, she can't help but wonder about the woman she heard on the other end of the line.

Questions race through her mind, each one more troubling than the last.

Is she the friend?

But what kind of friend would Baekhyun give permission to answer his phone call?