08' [cardigan]

𓇢𓆸

Baekhyun and Taeyeon sit side by side in the dimly lit studio in her house, their shoulders almost touching yet an unspoken distance separating them.

Taeyeon taps her pen against the notebook, her brows furrowed in deep thought.

"We need something... comforting, yet honest. Words that can wrap around someone's heart and give them solace," she murmurs, breaking the silence that hangs heavy in the air.

Baekhyun nods, his gaze fixed on the blank sheet of paper before them.

"Yeah, something that speaks to the loneliness but also offers a glimmer of hope, you know?" He shifts uncomfortably, feeling the weight of their shared history pressing down on them.

They both fall silent again, each lost in their own thoughts, grappling with the memories and emotions that swirl around them like a tempestuous storm.

With a deep breath, Baekhyun begins to hum a melody, his fingers gently tapping against the armrest of his chair.

Hours pass by unnoticed as they bounce ideas off each other, scribbling down phrases and crossing them out just as quickly.

The urgency of their deadline looms over them like a heavy cloud, pushing them to keep pushing forward. It's a relief that at least, they're already half way through.

As Baekhyun stifles a yawn, he glances over at Taeyeon, only to find her already fast asleep.

Her head rests on her crossed arms on the table, her breathing steady and calm amidst the chaos of their creative process.

A soft smile tugs at the corners of Baekhyun's lips as he watches her peaceful slumber.

Memories of their time together flood his mind, the laughter and the shared moments that once defined their relationship.

With a gentle swift, he moves closer to her, mirroring her posture with his head resting on his crossed arms.

The quiet of the studio envelops them, broken only by the rhythmic sound of their breathing.

In the stillness of the night, Baekhyun finds himself lost in thoughts of what could have been, of the love they once shared and the dreams they once chased together.

"Hey, Baekhyunnie," Taeyeon would whisper, her voice a melodious interruption to his thoughts. "What are you working on?"

Baekhyun would glance up from his lyrics, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "

Just trying to get these lyrics right," he'd reply, his voice carrying the weight of his creative endeavor.

Taeyeon would lean in closer, her fingers trailing through his hair, a playful gesture that sent shivers down his spine.

"You're doing great," she'd murmur, her breath warm against his ear. "But maybe you need a little break."

With a gentle tug, Taeyeon would pull Baekhyun away from his desk, her laughter filling the room like the sweetest melody.

Baekhyun would protest weakly, his mind torn between the allure of his work and the enchantment of Taeyeon's presence.

Yet, as Taeyeon's fingers danced through his hair, each stroke a whispered promise of love and distraction, Baekhyun found himself surrendering to the moment.

His thoughts would drift away, lost in the warmth of Taeyeon's embrace, the lyrics fading into the background like distant echoes of another time.

Baekhyun's faint smile disappears when he realized that his memory was from five years ago.

The warmth that once enveloped them had faded, leaving behind an icy chill that seemed to seep into his very bones.

When the time finally comes for him to leave, Baekhyun pauses, his gaze lingering on Taeyeon's sleeping form.

With a tender gesture, he removes his cardigan and drapes it over her, shielding her from the chill of the night.

As he turns to go, a bittersweet ache grips his heart.

Fuck, I miss you.

𓇢𓆸

• to be continued. •